Demorte's Tau Cadre - Project Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tearphoenix
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Demorte's Tau Cadre - Project Log

Post#55 » Nov 29 2016 11:39

Love watching your progress on here. Your scheme is beautiful and well executed. I am certainly envious of how quickly you are churning out this quality work.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#56 » Nov 29 2016 03:48

Compltely agree, and yeah - I really need to get an Airbrush haha :D

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#57 » Nov 29 2016 10:11

Wow, thank you guys I am very flattered and happy to see comments! :D

Airbus is pretty nice and solid. Am glad the scheme is pleasing to the eye.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#58 » Nov 30 2016 10:31

A small unit was dispatched yesterday to aid in eliminating a small WAAAGH!!

Battle Results

1. Tau Vs Orks - Winner Tau: Massive Victory
Ork rushed the perimeter defense line of our drop zone. XV10 Crisis suit units and support devil fish commenced unyielding fire support into the horde till eliminated.
2. Tau Vs Orks - Winner Tau: Massive Victory
Second wave of Orks where pinned into a corner and rendered immobilized in first turn by overwhelming missile bombardment. Orks requested terms of surrounded at conclusion of turn two. No, Ork forces left alive
3. Tau Vs Orks - Winner Ork: Minor Victory
Another warboss took charge of remaining Ork horde on the moon. Ork infestation larger then original drone reports, heated battle commenced going to end of turn 6. Orks where on run for majority of battle, close combat commenced during the final stages with War Nobs dealing heavy casualties in final stage. Missile stores depleted crisis suits continued in melee combat XV10 model suits have proven better suited to ranged, high speed combat. Orks suffered heavy loses with only 4 models remaining on the board.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#59 » Nov 30 2016 08:52

Update!

Sprayed the 2nd and 3rd colors on to the model tonight. Am oil washing the cracks now very close to having this model finished.

Calmsword
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#60 » Dec 01 2016 04:10

Your work is inspiring. I appreciate the step by step.
~Good Hunting

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#61 » Dec 01 2016 12:21

Thank you, I am glad that my process of sharing is helpful.

I like to use my threads for a log for myself too. Allows me to go back and check out my own work.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#62 » Dec 01 2016 10:34

XV90 Broadside prototype has been completed will likely try some other varients since I intend to make a large amount of them.

Nearing the final stages of completion on this particular suit, will leave me with just three riptides, 2 tetras, a commander, etheral and 20 drones to finish. Once those are done I will aquire some other units.

Am at about 80% complete at this stage.

Missles

You may note that the SMS attachment is a shade or two dark. That was the color of the whole model yesterday, I had tried a new blend on this broadside. Though it looked nice and clean it didn't match with the other models. So I added another blue blend, I will have to adjust my scheme so it layers more flawless on the next suits.

HQ fireblade is also nearly done.

Hope you all enjoy this large update, feel free to share some thoughts.

Shas'O Darklighter
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#63 » Dec 02 2016 04:36

I'm so tempted to do a full unit of drone surfing fire warriors after seeing Big Shas like this... My be an assault based unit I can use from and allied codex maybe or a fast moving fusion team to get in close and deal with heavy armour. Thanks for the inspiration. It might take me a while to gets the bits together mind. :D

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#64 » Dec 03 2016 12:48

That's a pretty cool idea, I may do something like that for my Pathfinders. Is a few options on the table for more to happen, just need more hover disks.

Am glad I have inspired you! :)

Battle history update!

Then 42nd has claimed another victory for the name of Tau'va after our prototype skirmishes the XV10 crisis suit have performed well in the field. Targeting sensors and other updates aregarding still under going finishing adjustments to perfect the prototypes.

Older versions of tech had also been utilized during the skirmishes. The XV 10 has proven far superior in the art of war then the XV8 unfortunately both suit will likely still not perform well in more rigorous battlies.

This time around we face two platoons of mordians, the Imperium troops met us on the field with two columns of Gue'Vesa support troops accompanying the prototypes. Unfortunately both columns perished in achieving our goal. Both mordian platoons suffered extreme casualties with only a few managing to run from the battlefield.

A brief parlay was had between the two commanders, with weapons trained on the rival commander his life was spared with the promise to fight another day being made.

Decisive Victory achieved.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#65 » Dec 04 2016 10:19

Indeed, was just browsing your workspace seeing how you go about your painting :D

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#66 » Dec 08 2016 10:47

I can post some more pictures of my work desk and tools if you like Teal.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#67 » Dec 09 2016 05:36

Picked up some new tech... Some more potential prototypes

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#68 » Dec 09 2016 07:54

Oh la la you lucky Shas :D Looking forward to the builds ahead! :D

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#69 » Dec 10 2016 12:57

I will likely work on the Tau Commander next, and finish up some drones.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#70 » Dec 13 2016 03:12

:biggrin:

The time has come!

The Tsunami Riptide parts have been ordered! I am very excited to get these in the mail and start building some larger suits.

Have several conversion units on my desk with all my commissions done for the rest of the year. I intend to dig deep into my tau force :)

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#71 » Dec 13 2016 06:16

Managed to get home a hour early today!

Am glad I did too cause i finally hit some inspiration and drive to follow through on the project. :D

A bit of rambling on my part I spend a great deal of time contemplating lists and paint scheme more then a care to admit during my down time.

Last year I set goals on my next three armies for the next two years or more. However long it takes me to get the models, build, paint etc.. I finally settled on three armies out side of my very large Space Marine collection.

As a tournament player in ITC there are a lot of factor that I apply to army selection other then it looking cool. I unfortunately am not able to really just play for the sake of playing or build for the sake of building. ITC adds a lot of purpose and potential cash rewards for your work. My Local game stores club and house rules is ITC so literally all 172 games played as space marines has been ITC.

The second game store where the escalation league is being help is not ITC. This has proven a bit challenging when it comes to slowing my pace and playing very casually with the league players.Tournament play is just very different and would not trade that experience for anything I am very much in this hobby for tournament level game play and hobby skill.

I however am also a tournament organizer so i wanna attract new players and that means playing on a lower level, and learning other aspects of the 40k community. I am very much enjoying this is a lot to the this hobby and a lot of different types of players.

I have rabbit trailed I am sorry!

The three factions!

1. Space Wolves " Space Boars " the whole army is boar themed am working on that currently and really making some great progress but its slow cause the conversions are not popular. Same with Boar models in general this army is proving to require a lot more money and time to pull off. That isnt stopping me it just means I have had to extend my time table on achieving the goal of completing this army.

2. Renegade Guard I love guard but they are horrible in the current tournament meta. Renegade guard have proven more competitive so you see them in the upper ranks. I have changed schemes more times then I care to admit, I finally have locked down the scheme and fluff :) Now am just enjoying building them to a tabletop standard. They are a back burner army that I paint when I don't need to be super serious. They will take the longest to finish.

3. Tau which is the whole reason I am here in ATT and why I am a agent Arrow Fan boy! Buying pretty much all of his conversions and adding them to my force. Thankfully I give good feedback so win win! Tau meets all the qualifications for me to make it my next main force and why its being hard pressed to be completed. The Tau are likely to be the next army I play in the new season. They are being painted to Display quality to hopefully win a best painted army award or two. They are also being heavily conversioned for that reason, some will eventually have LEDS ect too...

Tau rank in the top three most popular/competetive factions currently for winning large tournament events of 30 people plus..

This is why I picked Tau to be the army I spend most my time working on for the for see able future.

This leads to my next addition to the army group....

Gue'sava Auxiliary these guy are currently apart of my 500pt escalation league force. they are just guardsmen and give all imperium armies preferred enemy special rule. So the Forgeworld unit was approved for use. I picked them cause they dirt cheap and allowed me to add more points to upgrades.

My goal for Tau is for it to be Apocalypse sized about 10k to 20k points worth. My marines are about 14k points all together.

I am right now using 12 gue'save but as I started making these guys I gota sweet idea of taking my 300 guard blog army idea for renegade guard and making them all Gue'sava auxilary/fire warriors. Essentially making my renegade guard army Tau themed. Is nothing more renegade then Que'save Auxilary.

So over course of two years I hope to have about 50-200 of the conversion below...

Now to the Conversion!

Had a flash of inspiration and vision for my Gue'sava troops am working on the first 12 that I need for the escalation league. This way all the troops in that small army will atleast be WYSIWYG.

Keep lurking for more updates cause I can't explain how they gonna turn out till they done!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#72 » Dec 13 2016 08:22

I'm excited to see the Riptides, and those Human auxiliaries look fantastic.

Return to “Project Logs”