Demorte's Tau Cadre - Project Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Demorte
Gue'La

Re: Demorte's Tau Cadre - Project Log

Post#111 » Jan 04 2017 03:26

Demorte wrote:Image

Parts for riptides have arrived! So am starting work on them now! Few parts are missing, so have submitted a claim.

Missing parts from last week update!! Submitted my claim no issues at all. Shapeways is great some how instead of them sending me the missing parts they just refunded me store credit. :D I am a happy camper!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#112 » Jan 04 2017 06:44

Good to hear there was no issue. Their customer service tends to be really good about those kinds of things. One bonus is that during their investigation they discovered an error with my file which I was able to correct. Nothing big, but it should print better in the future.

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#113 » Jan 05 2017 09:39

Oh, that is good to know that the found something else too. For sure will make the next batch I order go smoother. :)

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#114 » Jan 08 2017 05:33

Have made some progress, I made a pretty big mistake and ended up stripping all the ripetides down. I took the opportunity to do more Magnetizing am much higher happier with that aspect of the models.

Arms, jets, all guns, and heads it will help for posing and storange.

Picked up a new orange base paint.

Won't be using liquid mask this time.

The 42nd was also dispatched to a distant world, a deep space probe indicated a demononic fisher forming on Galin a near by rogue sphere.

Upon arrival the local inhabitants had already fallen victim to the first wave of demon forces.

The 42nd lead by Shas'Gilnor took up bombardment formations and began to hammer the foes with heavy Missle fire. The probes indicated 60% casualties after the first bombardment. A large amount of demons arrived through the Fisher. Repeated bombardment resulted in heavy casualties with remaining forces abandoning the planet.

The 42nd suffered minimal damage, with exceptional to one stormsurge leaving with heavy systems damage.

Major Victory!

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#115 » Jan 09 2017 04:48

:biggrin:

Doing some work on the tetras, had some damage to my Airbrush nozzle. Ordered another and a ultrasonic to clean the parts better too.

Finally got a sure fire process for my orange, much easier to apply and get the same result.

Base paint, was just missing a solid base paint between two paint layers.

Started on the base structure too.

Glad to finish up these tetras a good addition to the collection. Next question is what Forgeworld unit do I add to my collection next l.

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#116 » Jan 09 2017 11:52

Update!

Bases are sanded!

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#117 » Jan 14 2017 09:48

Update! Always be posting!

Had another battle using the reserve forces borrow from a friend.

Lost by 1 point due to alpha legion warlord hopping. Killed the warlord 4 times in that fight. Learned enough practicing to stand proud and know I didn't waste my money :)

Tearphoenix
Shas'La

Post#118 » Jan 14 2017 11:28

I really like how you built up the bases on the Tetras and hid the flight stem. Gives them a great appearance of barely skimming the surface, which is how I imagine them moving across the field of battle.

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#119 » Jan 15 2017 02:37

Tearphoenix wrote:I really like how you built up the bases on the Tetras and hid the flight stem. Gives them a great appearance of barely skimming the surface, which is how I imagine them moving across the field of battle.

Thank you :)

Am pretty happy with how they mesh with the environment.

Update on ripetide bases!

I used some clay to keep the still water from running off the base

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#120 » Jan 15 2017 08:15

Update! Mates! Red alert!

Ripetide wing is nearly done!

The bases turned out great, hoping not to good!

Had a part on my Airbrush hey damaged replacement part was delayed due to snow storm. Once it get here will finish up the ripetide and complete the mounting process.

Then will get some pluck foam tray's to protect them.

Return to “Project Logs”