Demorte's Tau Cadre - Project Log

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Re: Demorte's Tau Cadre - Project Log

Post#121 » Jan 20 2017 08:12

Replacement parts for the air brush made it in finally got things rebase painted on the riptides.

With the main coat applied again, I finally mounted the models to the bases. The parts being magnitized make painting them with air brush for other details much easier.

I will put plastic wrap over the finished based when doing other air brush affects on the legs and torso.

I added a sunken top layer of clay, pva glue and sand pressing the model with mounting pin/ super glue into the mixture. This will give a weighted feel to the ripetides. As they are a heavy mech they would dig into the ground.

Other parts have been completed to paint of having main base coat on them. I will begin adding other two main scheme colors once sand drys and is painted up matching the base.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#122 » Jan 20 2017 10:22

:sad:

Only issue am really having is the galling guns arnt lining up right... they are very long so they are all hanging slightly off the base. Two of them though are touching the tabletop. So that can lead to scrapping the barrels...

Would be nice if they were shorted by half a inch.... contemplating shorting them... Likely won't they expensive...

Sanded blended perfectly

Will be very happy when these 3 are done and they blend with the bases a lot better...

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#123 » Jan 22 2017 10:39

Plastic wrapped the bases to protect during other painting stages.

Getting closer to fun!

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#124 » Feb 07 2017 02:42

Man, been caught up with work - great to check the thread and see these impressive titans strutting about the painting table :D

Nice choice in sourced parts.

And.. Tetras, big thumbs up :D

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#125 » Feb 20 2017 03:19

Thank you Tael!

Been abit busy with other projects but have made some more progress.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#126 » Mar 05 2017 03:13

Oh wow - you using a sponge for the weathering? Only stand out is the "cog", your work makes that part stand out as not nearly as detailed up. Very impressive and I like the head choice too.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#127 » Mar 09 2017 12:18

Thanks Teal!

Sponge affect works well and really pulls the model together. Big thing is me getting the other affects done. Adding metal to the model and the powders.

Which Cog you taking about the brass ones?

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#128 » Mar 11 2017 05:24

Big cog on the upper boost pack - the rest are fine but the larger suface begs a couple of glinting scratches of edge highlight with a more golden brass tone? Overall though, he's clearly in the Fight :D

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#129 » Apr 06 2017 12:40

It was hard to tell before it was painted, but these images make it readily apparent - Those chest intakes are sitting a tad high on the chassis. I'll have to make a note to bring them down. It looks like about 1mm height difference, is that correct?

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#130 » Apr 07 2017 07:53

Agentarrow wrote:It was hard to tell before it was painted, but these images make it readily apparent - Those chest intakes are sitting a tad high on the chassis. I'll have to make a note to bring them down. It looks like about 1mm height difference, is that correct?

Yes they do sit a bit high on the model, I can take a better picture if you would like arrow.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#131 » Apr 10 2017 10:17

I would appreciate a better picture, that'll help me improve the product.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#132 » Apr 19 2017 12:03

Alright I will get a few taken.

I been slacking on my tau guys! Sorry! Will have soon.

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#133 » May 24 2017 10:49

Update!

I am not dead! I just have a baby coming and have been focusing on commission projects. .

8th is coming so been prepping another faction for that, I wanna see how things fall for tau before I keep building things.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#134 » May 24 2017 09:18

All good man, congrats by the way and completely understand. We're always here and glad to get updates from our standing members :D

Demorte
Gue'La
Gue'La

Post#135 » Aug 29 2017 03:34

Sadly,

Photobucket has damaged all of my threads in the different platforms that I update my Army Project logs. One day I will rebuild....

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#136 » Aug 30 2017 02:44

Its a git that, and yeah - when you have the motivation is the best time to reorganise and put up what you want. :)

Return to “Project Logs”