Tau Kill Team - My Return to 40K

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Rogue Sun
Shas'La

Tau Kill Team - My Return to 40K

Post#1 » Nov 27 2016 05:54

Hey guys, getting back into 40k slowly. A LGS was/is doing a Kill Team event over the course of a few weeks, so I came up with a list after much research and am slowly painting it up. Thought I'd share my results!

First up is my Commander of the Kill team, an Xv8 Crisis Suit:

To follow shortly:

5 Breachers

5 Strike Team

1 Piranha

Comments and criticism appreciate and stay tuned! :D

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Re: Tau Kill Team - My Return to 40K

Post#2 » Nov 29 2016 02:46

There is so much nice stuff in the new Crisis Suit boxes, it makes me wish I had more than just 1 box. I like what you've done for the twin-linked burst cannon. The smooth grey/orange combo is also top notch. I've been noticing a general improvement in the average paint job I see posted around the web recently. It makes me curious if people are getting better at painting across the board, or if there is just a better ratio of high quality to low quality work getting posted.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#3 » Nov 29 2016 04:13

Completely agree, and the scheme youve run with is one of my favourites. Haven't had the pleasure to work on a new XV8 kit yet, but looking forward to it!

Paulson
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Dec 12 2016 11:10

The painting looks really crisp, very well done. :)

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#5 » Dec 13 2016 09:52

Very nice, the new kits are very good I have enjoyed using them. I like the stance and basing work nice job!

Paint scheme I love cause it fits with my army so it get Demorte rule of cool points :D Keep it up I look forward to seeing more of your models.

Rogue Sun
Shas'La

Post#6 » Dec 15 2016 01:14

Thanks guys! The new kits are indeed great and they come with all sorts of extra bits, which is a new phenomena for me as a returning Tau player. So used to having basically nothing left on the sprue after building a kit.

As promised above, here is the finished Kill Team:

Decided to stick both shoulder pads on the Breachers to define them a bit more against the Strike Team and to make them a bit bulkier/more aggressive looking. They did great in the scenarios too. Managed to take 3rd place in our little tournament.

Demorte
Gue'La

Post#7 » Dec 15 2016 09:23

I like the feel of thee guys very solid and smooth scheme. Am glad someone else does the double shoulder guard thing too. Is something am putting on my Gue'seva troops am working on.

Are you gonna be expanding your force beyond kill team? How do you apply your oranges btw? From your glow affects am assuming you use some airbrush in your work.

I like the base work as well, has character and doesn't look plain. Contrasts well with the model scheme. :biggrin:

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#8 » Dec 15 2016 11:53

There's not much I can say besides WOW!
Everything is so smooth and crisp, and the bases really complement the bright models well.
I haven't taken a good look at double shoulder pad Breachers before, but it does give them a bulky feel beyond just the chunky blaster and helmet.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#9 » Dec 15 2016 04:35

Mmmm very nice. Great looking team. Bold colour choices and crisp finishes. Lovely work man.

What was the colour you used for the basing?

Return to “Project Logs”