Just checking in: I have made some progress on my cadre by repainting the bronze on my riptide and commander, and have even attempted some engine glow on my hammerheads, devilfish and piranha.
At the moment I am waiting for a spot of good weather to lay down some anti-shine on everything, and then I can take a few more pictures!
In the meantime here are some dingy-garage shots from my first maelstrom game today against a bunch of salvaged Space Marines. It was also my second time running FSE, with a Dawnblade Contingent consisting of a Retaliation Cadre and Drone Net VX1-0.
I decided not to deep strike so I could make use of my EWOs and so my drones were not just offered up as a first-turn sacrifice; not really used to such a small model count so perhaps a little casualty-averse!
My aim was to split the assault marines, deep striking tac squads and static devastators and remove them piecemeal.
In the end I lost 14-10 VP unfortunately, but learned that while I could put the hurt on whatever needed to be dead (including enemy warlord and first blood) I simply couldn't contest enough objectives with only six scoring units.
I should be better prepared next game, assuming the Shas'ar'tol let me have another go!