Tau Red Desert Planet Diorama

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Warhammer Workshop
Shas'Saal

Tau Red Desert Planet Diorama

Post#1 » Dec 23 2016 01:27

Hello, dear reader, this is Warhammer Workshop with progress log #1 of my Tau red desert planet diorama.

Here is a picture of where I am at thus far. I used a tile from GW's Shattered Battle Board (£35 from my local GW store), a Tidewall Shieldline, and a turret out of the Tau Start Collecting! box set. Many more updates to follow.

Thank You.
- Warhammer Workshop
Last edited by Warhammer Workshop on Dec 23 2016 02:49, edited 2 times in total.

Crooked Bird
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Tau Red Desert Planet Diorama

Post#2 » Dec 23 2016 01:42

Hello Warhammer Workshop

To post the picture above I just copied the address of your picture and posted it in between the [img]and%20the[/img]

Should like this (without the *) :[img*]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/22/34/34/223434530047da35a73fadbba44dc911.jpg[/img*]
Last edited by Crooked Bird on Dec 23 2016 02:52, edited 1 time in total.
I regret what I have not done.

Warhammer Workshop
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Dec 23 2016 02:49

Thank you very much, sir. :)

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#4 » Dec 24 2016 06:03

Are the scenery pieces going to be fixed in place or just on show for the photos? :D

Look forward to your project!

- Tael :)

Warhammer Workshop
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Dec 25 2016 09:25

They are going to be forever fixed in place - I have glued some of them already. I have just started going over the entire board with a few layers of no-nails (acting as a kind of filler, only also with really good glue), to create texture and remove all the Sigmar stuff, the pieces will then have filler and no-nails built around it so the pieces are quite literally built into the landscape, as it would be if the Tau actually made them. I all method with this baby. ;)
It is a diorama, so it is one piece, nothing can be taken off, everything (including all the Tau minis from the Start Collecting) will be glued down as if they are really a part of the landscape. Hope you like the idea thus far. I am going shopping in two days, then I can really show you some progress! :)

Thank You
- Warhammer Workshop

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#6 » Dec 26 2016 09:00

Interesting choice. Most dioramas I see have models on bases so that they can be used in the diorama or in a game. Of course, having Tau built into the table gives much better options for integration into the scene as you can pose them in ways your otherwise wouldn't.

Looking forward to the finished product.

Warhammer Workshop
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Dec 28 2016 11:57

Thank you, yes indeed, but since I don't play the game anymore, there's no need to base them or magnetize anything. Most dioramas I've seen have been complete pieces, that being, the models were glued directly to the scene (the display only ones, anyway), I think this is clearly how it's meant to be - but, yes, gamers will have it so you can take them off and game with them, I have seen a few people do this beautifully, where the terrain is a part of the base(s). I was thinking about doing this anyway, but I don't think I will, since, again, I won't need to ever take them off the diorama since this is their sole purpose, but I will get some Tau bases for other Tau models, stand-alone ones, etc. and I think I will base smaller dioramas.
Thanks for the comment in any case, and stay in touch for updates. I will also start making YouTube videos soon, at the same name. :)

- Warhammer Workshop

Return to “Project Logs”