Vior'la log - it'll take a while! (Journey of a thousand miles...)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Ifrit
Shas'La

Re: Vior'la log - it'll take a while! (Journey of a thousand miles...)

Post#11 » Jan 22 2017 09:15

Yeah Crisis Suits are kind of boring sometimes. But I really like how the panel lines always look crisp, just wish it translated better to the FWs :sad:
To spice them up you could check out some YouTube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/nextlevelpainting

Check out this guy. Unfortunately his twitch videos run long but all his stuff looks great and he's an old friend of mine (sorry for the plug lol :D )

Rtb01
Shas

Post#12 » Jan 23 2017 06:12

Thanks Ifrit,

I'll have a look!

Tonight did the first layer of black on the final crisis suit and the commander. Tomorrow I get to do that on the stormsurge then back to the beginning for the first layer of ulthuan!

Rtb01
Shas

Post#13 » Jan 30 2017 04:41

Good evening all,

Between man flu, work and family, stage one is complete. The strike team and pathfinders are missing but this is the rest. The drones will get painted separately in one go as the rest are being done.

I've also built a pair of objectives too. My cadre is searching for the survisors of an orca that has been downed. One objective is a recon drone with vital Intel. The second is a high ranking officer of the air caste awaiting recovery. Just need a third now!

Tonight begins the layer of ulthuan on the armour. Its taken around 2 weeks to get to this stage. Slow and steady eh!

Rtb01
Shas

Post#14 » Feb 11 2017 04:26

Combination of illness and exhaustion have slowed progress this week.

I've managed to do the ulthuan layer on the breachers and 2 stealth suits. Sadly my medium layer brush has totally died. I don't understand why they don't seem to take much painting before totally giving up the ghost. Hey ho! Hoping to get the first stealth team layered this weekend and then onto another suit/ suits I think. Or I go and do the strike team and get it over with!

Thanks for looking and any words of support are very welcomed!

Rtb01
Shas

Post#15 » Feb 18 2017 02:23

Well this week I've managed to finish the ulthuan layer on the breachers, strike team and 4 pathfinders.

I've also built 4 'elite' breachers and started painting them and a friend... pictures coming later :)

Rtb01
Shas

Post#16 » Feb 18 2017 02:39

In keeping with my star wars inspired force I've created some bits for hologram communication. The 6mm dudes are from Vanguard miniatures and their aun'va equivalent is awesome for my final objective marker.

Elite breachers too for kill team alongside a dude dressed in black with a large red blade, utterly plagiarised and no idea how to justify him. I'll be playing Thursday and he'll be used with aun'vas rules but a combined profile.

Thoughts and comments all welcome :)

Rtb01
Shas

Post#17 » Feb 18 2017 03:03

Wip elite breachers - to be black armoured.

The layered stuff so far. (Bar the sniper...)

Rtb01
Shas

Post#18 » Feb 18 2017 04:52

Due to trades / sales I've also managed to add:

A second strike and breacher team (the latter will be black armoured as elites and we'll equipped)
3 Piranhas for more tank killing
9 sniper drones and 3 Marksmen.

I've built 4 breachers and sprayed them plus the snipers. Rest to be built before Thursday's game :)

Holiday this week so I'm hoping I can push on when the kids are in bed. I'll aim to have everyone ulthuaned by the end of the week then onto dawnstone. Mildly distracted by black breachers and visarch but if I'm painting something I figure it's all good!

Thanks for visiting :)

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#19 » Feb 21 2017 02:12

Really like all the little conversions you have thrown in there, especially the 6mm model hologram idea. They are an incredibly good match for Tau, and perfect size for your intended purposes!

Rtb01
Shas

Post#20 » Feb 26 2017 06:43

Ironsky wrote:Really like all the little conversions you have thrown in there, especially the 6mm model hologram idea. They are an incredibly good match for Tau, and perfect size for your intended purposes!

Thank you :)

The conversions have been a lot of fun to do and broken up the standard kits a bit.

I've managed to finish building the elite breachers, 2nd strike team and piranhas. On the painting front Darth Visarch (aun'va rules) has been painted and based.

I've even manged a game against the mechanicum...

I managed to come back from 10-0 down to win 12-10... most importantly the game was fantastic fun. It was perfect Kauyon as it was my suits and piranhas in reserve that turned the tide.

I'll get some pics up soon but it's quite a faff uploading on my phone to photobucket then linking here but I'll get it done.

Lacking painting motivation at the minute during to teething 5.5 month old. I want to get 'back on the train' though as I feel I've made fantastic progress so far. 2 months sustained for a project is a minor miracle!

Any thoughts and words are most welcome as always.

Thanks for visiting!

Return to “Project Logs”