[Project Log] Sons of Shovah 15th Company

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
D'vasa
Shas

Re: [Project Log] Sons of Shovah 15th Company

Post#11 » Feb 02 2017 10:52

So I lied to you guys. I started work on a squad of stealth suits recently and not the R'Varna that I just built. I've been having some issues with my compressor recently so I can't break out the airbrush.

WIP
I'd really like to do a digital camo scheme on these guys but I don't think I have the skill or patience to do so. If anyone has a link to a tutorial for infantry models I would love to take a look at it.

D'vasa
Shas

Post#12 » Apr 26 2017 04:21

Well crap, I haven't updated this log in what... 3 months? Well with school coming to a close and me finishing moving apartments I now have a bit more time and desire to start working on my army again. Luckily with the new apartment, I now have a whole office space to dedicate to all of my hobby crap along with the fact that I'll be able to use my airbrush again!It's far from finished but it's a good start.

Ifrit
Shas'La

Post#13 » Apr 26 2017 08:03

I understand you're pain. ::
With it getting warmer my compressor keeps getting too hot and the water trap can't keep up so until I get one with a tank I can't paint either :(
Looking forward to your progress again. :biggrin:

D'vasa
Shas

Post#14 » May 23 2017 09:01

Alrighty! So I've had some slow progress still thanks to the move along with the fact that I adopted a puppy since the last update. However, I've completed a test scheme for my crisis suits and really don't know if I really care for it yet.
Image Image
I also started work on my second ghostkeel with the same scheme as my stealth suits.
Image Image Image

And finally pulled the trigger on a couple textured rolling pins from http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/ :D So I'll probably be working on rebasing all my infantry models and getting everything else ready to go in the near future. I know that I want them to resemble a ruined hive world but I haven't loved the height that the cork is providing me at the moment.

Until next time.
~ D'vasa

P.S.

If anyone wants to see what my process looks like written out here it is :fear:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/189zXmU45IyrhHrqOFhXwlJ-Obqi8cxn4Q0cdKhLIowo/edit

Denirosek
Por'La

Post#15 » May 24 2017 09:09

My, my... Fantastic job! Your cadre looks really astonishing :D Care to share with me how you made this hexagonal pattern on your Devilfish? I plan to do something very similar with my Hammerheads.
Prosper, as Tau shall.

D'vasa
Shas

Post#16 » May 24 2017 06:26

Denirosek wrote:My, my... Fantastic job! Your cadre looks really astonishing :D Care to share with me how you made this hexagonal pattern on your Devilfish? I plan to do something very similar with my Hammerheads.

I appreciate it Denirosek! The hex pattern was achieved with Anarchy Models' HD stencil system found here... http://www.anarchymodels.co.uk/hd01---hexocam-3-p.asp

They're really just little stickers that you airbrush over that mask an underlying layer. I wasn't super happy with the result but that's my fault rather than the stencils. But I can't see myself buying another set of them as I feel as though I could easily make my own with a vinyl cutting machine like a cricket or silhouette which you can find at any big scrapbook store. It's quite possible that you know someone who owns one already and if not I know that my local Michaels has a scrapbook night where you're allowed to use the machine and you just might as well.

~D'vasa

DietOfLiquor
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » May 24 2017 09:00

I know you're iffy about it, but I think all of your stuff is looking great!

D'vasa
Shas

Post#18 » May 31 2017 01:03

Alright so I've got the base done at this point and I'm just working on the last couple of details. I used a textured rolling pin from http://www.Greenstuffworld.com to create the brick pattern. I really wish I hadn't traded away all my extra IG bits a while back :( I might have to find someone with an extra bits bag.

~D'vasa :fear:

D'vasa
Shas

Post#19 » Jun 19 2017 12:35

In celebration of 8th edition finally coming out this past weekend I finally took the plunge and transferred all my GW paints into dropper bottles. :)
Wow, that took much longer than I thought it would. Overall I'm super happy with the outcome but I need to build a new rack system soon.

~D'vasa :fear:

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#20 » Jun 19 2017 02:13

D'vasa wrote:Alright so I've got the base done at this point and I'm just working on the last couple of details. I used a textured rolling pin from http://www.Greenstuffworld.com to create the brick pattern. :

Ooh... Greenstuffworld... This may be a new favourite site for me...

That base looks great!

Return to “Project Logs”