UPDATED 12/03/17 [BLOG] Close Assault Stealth Cadre - 10 Year Hobby Hiatus New Tau Project!

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tael
Fio'O

Re: UPDATED 12/03/17 [BLOG] Close Assault Stealth Cadre - 10 Year Hobby Hiatus New Tau Project!

Post#19 » Mar 16 2017 02:00

Tough call for me beause..
The reason I was very nervous about doing this is that I am an extremely detail orientated painter, and my style has always been very smooth & clean - meaning I typically shy away from stuff like this. In particular (as some have noted!) I am very anal about a smooth finish on my paint...

Like reading my own notes on my painting habits.

I've always shied away from weathering, most I tend to do is muddied edges and some dusting into corners and over leading edges.

Having done the same colours - its hard to use grey edged battle damage without stuffing the scheme. Interesting to see all out metal wear on the patterns. :)

Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Re: UPDATED 12/03/17 [BLOG] Close Assault Stealth Cadre - 10 Year Hobby Hiatus New Tau Project!

Post#20 » Mar 30 2017 10:27

Love love love that devilfish!

I love how well you pull off urban tau. Super dark, but still detailed and poppy.

This is giving me ideas for my kroot!

Tael
Fio'O

Post#21 » Mar 31 2017 06:04

I know right?

With the new Kill Team rules, should be an interesting unit if you give Armageddon a shot :)

guges
Shas'La

Post#22 » Apr 18 2017 03:52

That is a very clean camo job. The lighter color has very clean lines. The whole army is looking pretty spectacular. The weathering effects look like real metal is coming out underneath the paint. Nicely executed.

nix0n
Shas'La

Post#23 » May 23 2017 03:06

Times and times again I have came back to gaze upon such beaty such as your masterfully painted miniatures!
I must admit that with each day I am leaning towards this exact scheme. I would still like to work on my final scheme but I just can't deny how amazing the dark grey colors look! You have done a great job pal!

Also I might be blind but I am yet to stuble on the question how and where from you have gotten those pouches and bags which you outfitted with you d'fish? I am really liking the idea but would have come up with a different kind of use for those parts. Your advice on finding these parts wouls be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Nix
Cheers!
Nix

Shas'o Dre
Shas'Ui

Post#24 » May 23 2017 06:21

really nice scheme. can't wait to see your ghostkeel.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#25 » May 24 2017 09:10

@Nixon, they are Space Marine accessories. Common pouches and so on. :)

Also I love seeing all the new models using the scheme, but I'm biased already haha.

Con Artist
Shas

Post#26 » May 25 2017 12:04

Are the mechanics and gun parts just chaos black?

nix0n
Shas'La

Post#27 » May 25 2017 02:19

Tael wrote:@Nixon, they are Space Marine accessories. Common pouches and so on. :)

Also I love seeing all the new models using the scheme, but I'm biased already haha.

Thanks for the info Tael!
And your work is the reason I am so in love with the idea of an urban scheme for Tau Warriors. I can never turn back :P
I am currently planning on how I could combine your urban scheme with my distressed tan-ish scheme and make it somewhat good looking...

I've stumbled on some color scheme pictures where people had the chance to use your own made Fire Warrior template. I know the chainsword and bolter one exists but not liking how it displays the colors on the "miniature" but do you mind to guide me how exactly Iwould able to find this template of yours?
Thank you.
Cheers!
Nix

Pyropower
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » May 25 2017 08:32

Ah man seeing all these amazingly painted armies really makes me miss it. I can't wait till I get home and can start building the tau waiting for me.
Really love the urban scheme and I think your weathering is spot on.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#29 » May 29 2017 09:48

Hi Nixon,

I actually posted one of my Urban originals on Instagram and folks went a bits nuts for it haha. When you do a big photo shoot, I may ask if I can post it up on the feed ;)

Template...hmmm, should be under Resource Articles.. Ahah!

Firewarrior Painter

Con Artist
Shas

Post#30 » May 30 2017 12:10

Tael what color did you use for the gun parts and mechanical bits of your urban suits

Return to “Project Logs”