Storik's Great Adventure - Vior'la Sept

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Storik
Shas'Saal

Storik's Great Adventure - Vior'la Sept

Post#1 » Feb 05 2017 04:54

Good afternoon ATT!

I've been meaning to start a log for a while. I sold off a bunch of Eldar and Guard back in November/December, and got back in the fold with a big, brand new Tau army. It's been slow going, but I finally have the entire army assembled and coated with primer after a 12 hour marathon yesterday.

My goal with this log is to keep myself on task with my goal. I want to have my army painted before welcoming my 2nd child in to the world (bye bye free time!) this summer. I am a masochist, I know. I want to keep this post updated quite frequently with my progress.

I am ready to start putting some paint down this evening. I will be going with a Vior'la scheme (I know, very creative!), since it was the scheme that drew me back in to the game, and towards the Tau in the first place. Here are some pictures of my grey army!

Mandatory box picture (I really like the Ghostkeel model!)

Retaliation Cadre
Commander
Riptide in pieces (magnetized)
Broadsides (not magnetized)
Crisis Suits (magnetized)
Crisis Weapons and Jetpacks

Optimized Stealth Cadre
Stealth Suits
Ghostkeels! I LOVE this model. Like really really LOVE this model! (magnetized)

Everyone else!
Just a few drones!
And bases!
Some Fire Warriors, Breachers, and Ethereals
Devilfish ready for interior paint

And here's a random partial army picture

Wait, did he say they were primed and ready for paint?

What a post. Stay tuned for some WIP as I get my hands dirty. I'll make sure not to take any more pictures on my kitchen counter. That pattern and glare sure do suck for photos.

kak'ray
Shas'Saal

Re: Storik's Great Adventure - Vior'la Sept

Post#2 » Feb 05 2017 06:25

Just a tip for your Riptide. I assembled my first fully accept weapons and found it had to paint. My second I assembled as far as you have and painted that. All the other large parts I painted separate and glued to the main body once finished.
Happy painting.

Storik
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 05 2017 09:25

Yea, I started putting most of the suits together and decided early on that it would be a good idea to leave everything in pieces. Especially the jump packs.

Tael
Fio'O

Post#4 » Feb 07 2017 02:49

Wow, haven't seen that much new grey in a while. Congrats and thanks for all the photos so far!

Also, shall sort out the rank issue on your profile :)

Return to “Project Logs”