Fysicus' return: Back to Tau business after 7 years

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Fysicus
Shas'Saal

Fysicus' return: Back to Tau business after 7 years

Post#1 » Feb 07 2017 10:50

Hello everybody,

It's been a long time since I worked on Warhammer of any sorts, but after watching way too many videos, and reading through these forums, I decided it was time to get to work again. Since making the big decision, I've bought the Targeted Reconnaissance Cadre, and I will probably expand with a Starter box and a Riptide.

The nicely filled TRC box has taken plenty of work already. Since I've now magnetized all of it, and painted my first pathfinder to look at a colour scheme, I thought it was time to start showing some progress.

So without further ado, the first model.

Any comments or suggestions, as always, are greatly appreciated.

Tael
Fio'O

Re: Fysicus' return: Back to Tau business after 7 years

Post#2 » Feb 14 2017 03:07

Somehow this has missed folks attention! :)

I'm liking it, the tones of the beige and blue works well, though the red has a more vibrant tone. Do you have a more ochre red paint available? It will complement the other colours well I feel. Personal preference ;)

- Tael.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#3 » Feb 14 2017 10:56

Mh :-?
I think I didn't comment because the red puts me off. Looks a bit out of place there since there are no other red Sept markings to be seen and he is all alone. Looks probably way better in a whole unit.
The armor and cloths look good though. ;)

Fysicus
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 16 2017 10:40

I decided to scale things up a bit. Sort of finished my XV-88. It is fully magnetized, but I have not yet completed the HYMP. First time painting larger surfaces and my first take on edge highlighting.

Any suggestions for weathering and basing? Let me know what you think!

Ironsky
Shas'La

Post#5 » Feb 19 2017 03:59

These are really good! I wish my edge highlighting was as successful as your first attempt?! Weathering wise this is a fantastic guide by Freeloader. I also rub in weathering powders into certain areas (charcoal around larger blast marks etc.) In terms of basing I would suggest something in darker greys to go with your camouflage scheme.

Looking forward to more!

Tael
Fio'O

Post#6 » Mar 05 2017 03:21

Liking that, onboard with Ironsky - some good advice there.

Return to “Project Logs”