Hamwarmer 40°C

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Hamwarmer 40°C

Post#1 » Mar 07 2017 02:56

In the grim dankness of the far future, there is only Ham. The brave warriors of Two Pi fight tirelessly for What's Best, and to warm the Ham.

No closeups of the big guy yet because he's less finished than the rest. Few more pics (and fullsize) at http://imgur.com/a/riZd8

Panzer
Shas'La

Re: Hamwarmer 40°C

Post#2 » Mar 08 2017 03:02

Well...I guess it's a rather effective camo for....burning planets? :D
Okay okay I guess there are planets with lots of red flora as well. I'd just make sure your bases give that suggestion as well somehow (no need to make it all red/orange if you want to remain some contrast to your models).

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Mar 08 2017 03:50

Bases will probably be some of the usual cracked earth stuff because camouflage schmamouflage, who needs it?

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#4 » Mar 08 2017 04:39

Unicornsilovethem wrote:Bases will probably be some of the usual cracked earth stuff because camouflage schmamouflage, who needs it?

Considering that's the reason why Tau armor is painted the way it is.....Tau need it? :D

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Mar 08 2017 04:46

Ah, well, if you read the opening post you will see that these are not Tau, they are Two Pi fighting for What's Best.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#6 » Mar 08 2017 05:04

Unicornsilovethem wrote:Ah, well, if you read the opening post you will see that these are not Tau, they are Two Pi fighting for What's Best.

Fair enough. :P

Kakapo42
Shas'Vre

Post#7 » Mar 08 2017 05:55

If you're open to alternate styles of base, one option could be an iron oxide desert, which would be predominantly red earth and rock (for reference, the surface of Mars in real life is essentially an iron oxide desert). It would fit with your colour scheme and would be simple enough to do, using either the martian earth texture paints from GW or just painting up some sand in reds and oranges instead of browns.

Otherwise, go Two Pi. :)
A Shas and a Kor walk into a bar...
Naked Metal

Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Mar 09 2017 11:11

The Ham is warm with this one.

Honeybaked Cadre lookin glazed son!

Mighi I suggest this theme for the base?

Tael
Fio'O

Post#9 » Mar 11 2017 06:02

Loud and proud - what better way to say you don't give k'yet about your foe than no cammo. A wall of these guys coming at you would be upsetting - you know they're coming for you. :D

Nice work on a bright scheme, hard to edge highlight.

Return to “Project Logs”