Tactical Objective / Warlord Trait Card Folio

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Tactical Objective / Warlord Trait Card Folio

Post#1 » Mar 12 2017 02:35

Working on a dumb/fun little project for holding objective cards and warlord trait cards, as well as a way to keep track of victory points. This is just a rough concept. Eventually I want to maybe figure out a way to incorporate a digital tally counter for the victory points, but this will do for now.

If anyone is interested in the materials I used and picture files to make one yourself, I'll post them.

Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Re: Tactical Objective / Warlord Trait Card Folio

Post#2 » Mar 12 2017 03:27

This is all I used:

Basically you cut half the card protector off so it makes a little pocket.

Arrange them on one side of the folder with some glue. Cut a page that will fit inside from another folder, punch holes and affix the larger card pocket to the opposite page. This is where I want to layer them like a credit card wallet or something for multiple warrior traits.

Print out the wheel and glue it to something sturdy like heavy card stock. I kinda screwed this part up as I meant to Cut the card stock slightly larger than the wheel, then Cut out a place to turn the dial but I forgot

Cut out two of the little folder binder pins and set them aside.
[img]http://imgur.com/JpmFgmA.jpg[timg]

Print out your aquila/imperium/goatse and figure out where you want it and where you want the numbers to show up. Cut out the window, cut out the center hole on the dial, then arrange the wheel so the numbers show and Mark the center on the folder.

This is where you glue or tape down the two folder pins. After it's set, slide the dial down on the two pins and bend them in opposite directions to hold it in place.

Then, I used the leftover spine from the folder I trimmed as a flap, glued down the string binder things, and that's it!

This is the aquila file I used

This is the file I used for the dial. I wanted to make something cooler, but I don't have my laptop with Photoshop and all my fonts.

Like I said, there is a much better way of doing it, but for a quick and dirty version, it's not too bad.

Ka'Buki
Shas'Saal

Re: Tactical Objective / Warlord Trait Card Folio

Post#3 » Mar 12 2017 03:37

This is a cool tally counter I found for keeping track of various stuff. You can customize the colors, groupings, positive or negative integers and a bunch of other stuff.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... en.counter

Not sure if there is an iOS version or not, sorry Apple folks! :neutral:

Return to “Project Logs”