This post is just to log the progress of what has been achieved by now. Not quite much but better than nothing.
My first "new" six man strike team is ready. And here is a group photo of everything that has been (re)painted after the revival of this cadre. The basing is not done on every miniature but I feel like there is no hurry with that. What worries me though is the paint job lasting... I'm hesitant on applying any varnish in the fear of screwing up and "frosting" the miniature (was it spray or brush on varnish). I have purchased A&K Ultra Matte brush on varnish and a can of Army Painter's Anti Shine both of which had frosted my test miniatures. Any tips in this regard are more than welcome.
What else is there? Well... a lot! Here is a list of projects that are awaiting for me.
- another six man strike team (four models unpainted and two more will be assembled from the second hand sprews)
- a whole pathfinder team (kinda stuck with these guys since I am not sure how I want to configure them and if magnetization is a good idea for such a small miniature)
- Cadre Fireblade with slight customizations
- custom kitbashed Darkstrider
- converted ethereal with battle armor (just to not look so out of place in this cadre)
- custom build DS8 Missile Pod turrets, one turret for each strike team (since the original design looks lazy and unpolished imo I'm planning on building these models with a "one time use" mortar-ish look in mind)
- two devilfishes, one is unassembled the other still untouched by a brush (I'm afraid these guys will wait for a while until I get myself an airbrush workstation set up)¨
- two XV25 Shas'Uis with their magnetized weapon choices.
For now I think that I will concentrate mainly on infantry and stealth suits until the codex release. After our codex drops I will have a better understanding what to go for with heavier units (Hammerhead, XV-88s, Commanders or more XV-8s).
Thanks for coming along so far!