Hello masterminds of the ATT community!
I am very thankful for the warm welcome and after many years of lurking on your forum sites I decided to join your ranks.
Currently I'm in progress of getting back into the hobby and was able to finish some of my old miniatures. It was a long and tedious process of starting with stripping the paint off of the models I decided to keep. Everything else, gone.
This is what I have ended up keeping:
- 12 Fire Warriors, all painted
- 6 XV25's (team leaders are yet to be magnetized)
- 6 Kroots with a converted Shaper, two hounds and a Krootox, all somewhat painted
- D'Fish, yet to be painted
- A bunch of drones, yet to be painted
I would love to share my work and hear your opinions, advice and over all comments. I am still struggling coming up with a scheme I would like and use throughout my future models. For these older miniatures I ended up using my old survived paints (which limited me with the scheme).
This is how it all started. I opted for a semi urban-y scheme. One of my main inspirations was the spider tank at the end of the Ghost in the shell anime film.
It was this moment when I decided that I will definitely not enjoy looking at my horrendous enge highlight during games so decided to add some deliberate weathering effects. This was my first time trying out such technique (by using sponge) but to my surprise I was really happy how it turned out.
These FW's are the first ones I ever assembled. The original paint scheme is long gone and I am honeslty relieved by that (I still have my first painted SM models saved to remind me where it all started, so no worries). So, the really battle worn looks would really fit them as they have been through a lot and would stand out quite well among the others (newer) models and show their experience throught the years.
Next up the XV25's! These models were painted with the most recent Citadel paint range and I am quite happy that the paints are somewhat close to mine (although I also used Citadel/GW paints but the older paint range).
I decided to keep trying out new methods of painting scrathces, chipping, and other kind of weathering effects. Also tried out some new color combinations but kept the main khaki color.
So far that's it... I would dig out my kroot and publish them here if you so desire.
Currently my situation with painting any new models is halted. Due to my hectic summer schedule I am not sure how regularly I will be able to update this topic. So far I have to come up with a solid plan for a scheme and stick with it. Get the appropriate paints and just hope that I will be alble to purchase some new Start Collecting! packs...
I hope this was an enjoyable post to read and the miniatures looked even half decent.
Unitl next time.
EDIT: Small updates, spelling