AenarIT Cadre - A long road into the 8th edition

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
AenarIT
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

AenarIT Cadre - A long road into the 8th edition

Post#1 » May 27 2017 04:04

Hello everyone!

I am starting this project log with the intention of fully painting my Tau (or T'au) Cadre.
I am not set on a particular Sept to be honest, I am using an inverted Farsight Enclaves scheme with light grey as the main color and red for the markings.
The basing is done with cork rocks, resin skulls, GW Astrogranite and Martian Ironhearth painted black, to represent a dark and rocky battleground.

Anyway, time to post something!

The first model is a Kroot Carnivore I finished yesterday, the rest of his unit is on its way.
Spoiler!
ImageImage

I will continue posting as soon as I complete more models!
Let me know what you think and please provide some suggestions to help me improve! :D

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: AenarIT Cadre - A long road into the 8th edition

Post#2 » May 27 2017 10:17

Looking very nice so far! I hope you're a faster painter than I am- I'd like to see more soon ;)

deathboon
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » May 28 2017 10:10

That's a fine looking Kroot! I also went with an inverted farsight scheme. I used brighter grey and red color's than usual, and I kept the Eight in they're traditional color scheme (it makes the heroes stand out on the table).

AenarIT
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Nov 03 2017 05:02

During the last few months I had very little time to paint, I progressed very slowly. Anyway, here you can see three pics of my latest results, still WIP.

1- a Fire Warrior Shas'ui, with a grey-striped red helmet that will make him pop in a unit of FW with red-striped grey helmets.
2- a group pic of the partially completed 15-Kroot unit. The majority of them are one final skin layering far from being completed.
3- a group pic of the top halves of some Drones. All magnetized for easy swapping.

I have no idea on when I'll be able to post more pics, graduate school is quite time-absorbing.

Anyway, feel free to comment and critique :)

Spoiler!

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Nov 03 2017 07:54

AenarIT wrote:During the last few months I had very little time to paint, I progressed very slowly. Anyway, here you can see three pics of my latest results, still WIP.

1- a Fire Warrior Shas'ui, with a grey-striped red helmet that will make him pop in a unit of FW with red-striped grey helmets.
2- a group pic of the partially completed 15-Kroot unit. The majority of them are one final skin layering far from being completed.
3- a group pic of the top halves of some Drones. All magnetized for easy swapping.

I have no idea on when I'll be able to post more pics, graduate school is quite time-absorbing.

Anyway, feel free to comment and critique :)

Spoiler!

Wow very crisp painting! I'm jealous!

Ironsky
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#6 » Nov 05 2017 05:26

Panzer wrote: Wow very crisp painting! I'm jealous!

Agreed. Very jealous. Good to see you back! Fire warrior scheme is really nice and I like the different coloured quills on the Kroot!

Return to “Project Logs”