The Battle Damaged Vesh’yo [My WIP Plog] Enter if your stomach can handle it

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Lysenis
Shas'Saal

Re: The Battle Damaged Vesh’yo [My WIP Plog] Enter if your stomach can handle it

Post#11 » Jun 07 2017 01:49

Wierzbicki17 wrote:Good work on the damage on the model! I did something similar with some space marine veterans a while back after I had already painted them. I almost cried scuffing them up, but hey, they're bred for battle, not for looking pretty ahah. Same goes for the tau I guess, if they want thier empire to expand they can't expect it to be an easy stroll through the park! Good work man, I look forward to your other works

Lots of updates. Enjoy

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Re: The Battle Damaged Vesh’yo [My WIP Plog] Enter if your stomach can handle it

Post#12 » Jun 09 2017 07:23

Indeed! You lads are deep in the fight clearly - I admit, couldnt sit comfortably seeing all that hacking of great kits but the result is going to be very worthwhile.

Thanks for all the close ups too :)

Lysenis
Shas'Saal

Post#13 » Jun 11 2017 12:11

Tael wrote:Indeed! You lads are deep in the fight clearly - I admit, couldnt sit comfortably seeing all that hacking of great kits but the result is going to be very worthwhile.

Thanks for all the close ups too :)

Hahaha yea, most can't stand it but I enjoy applying "character" and giving them all a story

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#14 » Jun 13 2017 06:11

These models are going to look epic when they're painted up! And also, I don't know if you've noticed, but your Commander's lower legs are on backwards. I don't know if you did that on purpose or not.
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Lysenis
Shas'Saal

Post#15 » Jun 16 2017 03:20

Bloodknife92 wrote:These models are going to look epic when they're painted up! And also, I don't know if you've noticed, but your Commander's lower legs are on backwards. I don't know if you did that on purpose or not.

I noticed that far too late to change it. Next one will be better XP

Bloodknife92
Shas'La
Shas'La

Post#16 » Jun 16 2017 05:28

Lysenis wrote:
Bloodknife92 wrote:These models are going to look epic when they're painted up! And also, I don't know if you've noticed, but your Commander's lower legs are on backwards. I don't know if you did that on purpose or not.

I think it looks kinda cool :)
The days of goodly English is went
Ziss old dog still has a few tricks!

Lysenis
Shas'Saal

Post#17 » Jun 17 2017 12:50

Bloodknife92 wrote:
Lysenis wrote:

I think it looks kinda cool :)

Yea, looks like knee caps. Comes out good. Will be updating soon

Edit: Updates to the Riptide and Coldstar Commander.

Edit 2: Added Secret Weapon Miniatures acrylics that I used to create heat/Destressed metal effects with. Converted last post on page 1 to Miscellaneous pictures thread.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#18 » Jun 18 2017 11:08

Oooh nice to know, I've done similar with vallejo paints, but man is it fiddly. Shall look into these!

Lysenis
Shas'Saal

Post#19 » Jun 19 2017 05:53

Tael wrote:Oooh nice to know, I've done similar with vallejo paints, but man is it fiddly. Shall look into these!

Yea, the heat effect was so simple... It came together so nicely

Return to “Project Logs”