Farsight Enclaves ... road to a playable list !

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
vom
Shas

Farsight Enclaves ... road to a playable list !

Post#1 » Jul 04 2017 09:20

Hi, this is my first post on ATT. I like to play, but most of all I like finished models :)! Hopefully this project log will help me achieve a playable list in the near future ... well, I give myself one year!

As of now I've painted two models, commander Farsight (simple conversion) and a Ghostkeel. By the way, I'm a really slow painter :sad: !

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Re: Farsight Enclaves ... road to a playable list !

Post#2 » Jul 04 2017 11:21

Those are lovely, and welcome to the forums!

I'd love to get a parts list for that Farsight; I've been wanting to re-do mine for some time. That Ghostkeel is sinister as well, and certainly looks to strike fear into the enemies of the Enclaves.

I can't wait to see what the rest of your suits and vehicles look like. It should be a very striking force on the tabletop.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Sheeb
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jul 04 2017 12:51

Top notch! Well done sir! I really like the subtle grey camo too.

deathboon
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Jul 04 2017 02:28

Fantastic paint jobs, my only criticism is on the ghostkeel and is less about the paint than the choice: Why would a battlesuit with active camoflage need passive camoflage also?

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Jul 04 2017 07:24

deathboon wrote:Fantastic paint jobs, my only criticism is on the ghostkeel and is less about the paint than the choice: Why would a battlesuit with active camoflage need passive camoflage also?

I can imagine all sorts of reasons why the suit would need passive camouflage! For example, if the suit was in a low-power-use state but still needed to blend in, or if it took damage in battle and lost a portion of its active camouflage, or even if the suit is powered-down in a campsite but needs to remain out-of-sight.

vom
Shas

Post#6 » Jul 05 2017 07:31

Thanks for the kind words guys, it is very appreciated !

@Sa'cea Mont'yr : It is a very simple conversion ... but pricy ! I used the sword (with the fist) and the shield generator from the Farsight kit. Simple as that !

@deathboon : Yeah, just like Arka0415 said ;) ! Well, the goal is to paint all the stealth elements in a different scheme, to differentiate them from the rest of the army. I first thought about painting them all black, but finally settled for an urban camo scheme.

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#7 » Jul 05 2017 07:51

vom wrote:@deathboon : Yeah, just like Arka0415 said ;) ! Well, the goal is to paint all the stealth elements in a different scheme, to differentiate them from the rest of the army. I first thought about painting them all black, but finally settled for an urban camo scheme.

Have you considered invisible paint? :P

http://www.roughneckjoe.com/mini/tau/stealth/DSC06752bb.jpg

vom
Shas

Post#8 » Jul 05 2017 08:05

Arka0415 wrote:
vom wrote:@deathboon : Yeah, just like Arka0415 said ;) ! Well, the goal is to paint all the stealth elements in a different scheme, to differentiate them from the rest of the army. I first thought about painting them all black, but finally settled for an urban camo scheme.

Have you considered invisible paint? :P

http://www.roughneckjoe.com/mini/tau/stealth/DSC06752bb.jpg

Haha ... well ... while I think the idea is really cool I prefer something painted !

Return to “Project Logs”