Back with a little more of my painting progress today and some details about my process. I got up early this morning to finish up some work on my first squad of 5 pathfinders. Pretty happy with the way they turned out! Excited to get some bases made for these guys and to get them on the table!
I started out priming the sub assembled pathfinders then slapping on the black and white base coat.
I did the same thing on the sprue. Painting the major black and white areas of the bits I wanted to use.
Once I finished the base coating on a few Pathfinders I started to get tired and overwhelmed working on the batch of 10 all at once so I decided to break it down into smaller more manageable groups where I could start making some real progress.
First fully assembled pathfinder, did some adjustments on the head posing as I put on the guns. I only used a small dot of glue originally so it would be easy to adjust later.
First squad assembled! Started to get really excited seeing them together and with the base colors. The last parts are quick and fun once this tedious bit is done. The excitement helped me push through to the end.
Here I have used nuln oil wash to darken the most recessed areas of the model.
The entire squad washed in this manor.
Next I hit the squad with a quick light wash of watered down Agrax earthshade to dirty them up and give them a little more depth of color.
Finally here is the painted squad. After finishing the washes I let it dry completely overnight then hit the models with a quick white dry brushing to pull out the details in the black areas. I then painted in the metal details, lenses and finished with a quick blue dry brush to the tips of the pulse carbines and orange dry brushing to the marker lights.
Thats all of now. Not my the best pictures, used my phone to quickly capture my progress.