I want to start by taking the time to thank the ATT community. I am constantly inspired by the amazing work I see coming from the community on this forum and appreciate the great content and advice I have read and received here.
A little bit about me and why I am starting this log. I first got into 40k in 2011, when I started with the 5th Edition Tau Battleforce. Since then I have been working on and expanding my army on and off. It has always been my goal to completely paint my army, somehow, this goal always remains out of reach.
I am starting this log for two reasons, first and foremost to share my work with this amazing community and receive some feedback and critique, but secondly as a way to track my progress and motivate me to reach my goal!
Enough background lets get to the good stuff.
In the past few weeks with the dawn of 8th edition I decided to go back to basics and paint some of my long forgotten Fire Warriors. Fire Warriors were the first Tau miniatures that I built and painted, but I never played with them much due to my love for Crisis Suits and the Farsight Enclave, so many of mine are unpainted and in rather bad shape.
Recently I fixed up three squads of 5 and my Cadre Fireblade. My current goal is to paint them up. Here are some pictures of my progress so far.
All three squads and the Fireblade in the early stages of completion.
First squad nearing completion. I used some white GW dry paint (the kind made for dry brushing) and it came out a little grittier then I was hoping. I'll probably use use regular white paint on the next squad for the dry brushing.
First squad finished up. I plan on basing, applying decals and putting a protective coat on my entire army someday but haven't gotten to that yet.
More to come as I complete it, along with some better pictures of the rest of my army.