Blindeye Cadre Log - Update 09/12

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Tauguy29765
Shas

Re: Blindeye Cadre Log - Ghostkeel Update

Post#37 » Aug 17 2017 08:31

Your Ghostkeel (and, indeed, the rest of your army) looks AMAZING!!! You seem like an extremely experienced painter, so would you mind walking a new painter like me through how you painted these stunning miniatures?

Thanks! :)
Tau'va!

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Re: Blindeye Cadre Log - Ghostkeel Update

Post#38 » Aug 18 2017 12:08

So I buckled this week... I bought some pathfinders finally, long on my wishlist. I will use this new set as an opportunity to archive my process.

The box arrived smashed! Luckily no damage to the contents inside.

My plan with this box of Pathfinders is to make them all carbine / Markerlights. Sometime in the future I am planning on getting another box and making some heavy weapon pathfinders to flesh out my squads.

I assembled the pathfinders to this point then went out and primed them and the rest of the bits on the sprue. I havn't done this in the past but I'm going to try painting all of the guns and arms and extra bits on the sprue and paint the pathfinder bodies, then assemble them, do touch up and finish them with washes, dry brushing, details, etc...

More to come.
Through Unity Devastation.
Blindeye Cadre Log

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Re: Blindeye Cadre Log - Pathfinder Update 08/18

Post#39 » Aug 20 2017 10:42

Hey Everyone,

Back with a little more of my painting progress today and some details about my process. I got up early this morning to finish up some work on my first squad of 5 pathfinders. Pretty happy with the way they turned out! Excited to get some bases made for these guys and to get them on the table!

I started out priming the sub assembled pathfinders then slapping on the black and white base coat.

I did the same thing on the sprue. Painting the major black and white areas of the bits I wanted to use.

Once I finished the base coating on a few Pathfinders I started to get tired and overwhelmed working on the batch of 10 all at once so I decided to break it down into smaller more manageable groups where I could start making some real progress.

First fully assembled pathfinder, did some adjustments on the head posing as I put on the guns. I only used a small dot of glue originally so it would be easy to adjust later.

First squad assembled! Started to get really excited seeing them together and with the base colors. The last parts are quick and fun once this tedious bit is done. The excitement helped me push through to the end.

Here I have used nuln oil wash to darken the most recessed areas of the model.

The entire squad washed in this manor.

Next I hit the squad with a quick light wash of watered down Agrax earthshade to dirty them up and give them a little more depth of color.

Finally here is the painted squad. After finishing the washes I let it dry completely overnight then hit the models with a quick white dry brushing to pull out the details in the black areas. I then painted in the metal details, lenses and finished with a quick blue dry brush to the tips of the pulse carbines and orange dry brushing to the marker lights.

Thats all of now. Not my the best pictures, used my phone to quickly capture my progress.
Blindeye Cadre Log

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Re: Blindeye Cadre Log - Pathfinder Update 08/20

Post#40 » Aug 20 2017 04:11

The squad after quick basing. Used the cork to make some elevation on the bases so the Shas'Ui with the binoculars looks out instead of looking down.
Blindeye Cadre Log

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Post#41 » Sep 04 2017 05:11

Hey Everyone,

Been a few weeks since my last update. I've been spending my free time playing instead of working on my army so I have not made much progress but I've gotten allot of good games of 40k in. :D

I have been fairing well with my Cadre. I was on a serious win streak for the past few weeks but I got derailed over this long weekend by a sweet Salamanders list that was able to break my lines for the fate of Konor final mission (difficult defense mission).

I was super into winning and optimizing for a while but it was kind of taking the fun out of the game for me so I've been bringing allot fluffier lists and its been allot more fun. I've also been working on a narrative campaign with my friend who plays Blood Angels based upon the setting described in the RPG Deathwatch - The Achilus Assult book. I will post some narrative I wrote as a retelling of the first mission and intro to the second below.

Here are some pictures of the most complete parts of my Cadre, been having a blast basing my models. I finally finished the 10 pathfinders today. I'm going to invest in another set of 10 soon so I can bring some heavy weapons. Facing hell blasters has made me want to give rail rifles a try... AP -4 is so strong vs. so many things.

15 Fire Warriors
10 Pathfinders
6 Stealthsuits
Ghostkeel and Stealth Drones
Last edited by Blindeye on Sep 04 2017 05:18, edited 1 time in total.
Blindeye Cadre Log

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Post#42 » Sep 04 2017 05:17

Decided to make a new thread for this narrative as it didn't make sense to post it here...

http://www.advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26497&p=334603#p334603

Link if anyone is interested in the narrative.
Last edited by Blindeye on Sep 07 2017 02:08, edited 2 times in total.
Blindeye Cadre Log

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Blindeye Cadre Log - Update + Campaign Narrative 09/04

Post#43 » Sep 04 2017 06:40

Some great hobby progress. The group shot is very nice, I like how the Leaders stand out with their proud red decorations. More! :)
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

Blindeye
Shas'Saal

Re: Blindeye Cadre Log - Update 09/12

Post#44 » Sep 12 2017 04:48

1500 Point monthly tournament coming up in a few weeks. I'm going to bring a similar list to what I brought last month, with a few tweaks. Below is a list of what I have left to complete for the list to be fully painted / based.

Cadre Fireblade Markerlight - Basing
Commander 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone - Paint / basing
Commander 4x Fusion blaster, 2x MV4 Shield Drone - Basing
Commander 4x Cyclic ion blaster - Paint / basing
Commander 4x Cyclic ion blaster - Paint / basing
5x MV1 Gun Drone - Paint
Blindeye Cadre Log

Return to “Project Logs”