Krospgnasker wrote:Your bases look absolutely fantastic, Arka. What's your secret?
Thanks! The bases ended up having more details than the models, oh well
Here's the recipe I posted in another thread some time ago:
Arka0415 wrote:The cracked earth takes a couple steps but I'd be happy to explain:
1. Prime the base black.
2. Paint the whole base with one uneven coat of Mournfang Brown.
3. Paint the base with a very uneven coat of Agrellan Earth texture paint. This will form cracks in some areas.
4. Wash the base with an uneven coat of Agrax Earthshade. Wash the cracked areas more heavily.
5. Drybrush the whole base with Agrellan Earth- if you drybrush, cracks will not form.
6. Drybrush the cracked areas with Steel Legion Drab. This will lighten the raised areas and leave the cracks dark.
7. Drybrush the whole base with Rakarth Flesh.
8. Drybrush the cracked areas with a small amount of Tyrant Skull.
9. Paint the base edge with one even coat of Mournfang Brown.
10. Stick a few Middenland Tufts on the base to add some green contrast and to cover unsightly areas.
That's it! It may seem like a lot of paint, but it's worth it- Mournfang Brown, Agrax Earthshade, Steel Legion Drab, and Rakarth Flesh are good paints for models, not just for bases, so you only need Agrellan Earth and Tyrant Skull to make the bases really work.