Onos Industries Tau Commissions

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Onos Industries Tau Commissions

Post#1 » Jul 25 2017 08:55

Hello to everyboby ATT!

This last month I've started a big Tau commission, almost 60 models, from Firewarriors and Drones to Crisis and Hammerheads. Client asks me to give to his miniatures new poses, changing arms and legs position, and to paint his army with an urban camo pattern inspired to Tael work. In particular a bi-color gray camo and green lights to sensors.

First model for this commission has been a crisis suit, with the pose that you can see in this pic.

First step has been changing arms and legs position in order to give to crisis a more dynamic pose. This has been possible changing the angle of the arm joints and bending legs positioning right foot to a crashing outbreak.

After the conversion phase I've started the painting of the model. I've used a Tael similar pattern for the camo with two tones of grey. For the glowing effect I've used Goblin Green and I've also realised a burn effect to the barrels of the burst cannon.

In these pics you can see the final product of the model:

After the first XV8 I've decided to continue with another XV8 that you can see in this picture.

For this battlesuit I've decided to use a more stoic (and static) pose with weapons down in order to give an epic impact to the model.

The final result for this miniature is the following:

Now I'm starting the third XV8, you will have news next days!

Comments and Feedbacks are always welcome.

OnIn - Onos Industries
Last edited by Onos on Sep 05 2017 04:55, edited 1 time in total.

jukebox
Shas

Re: Urban Cadre COMMISSION

Post#2 » Jul 25 2017 01:00

Beautiful paintjob. Very nice. You've also made me rethink my own painta scheme, so thanks for that. :P

Onos
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: Onos Industries Tau Commissions

Post#3 » Sep 05 2017 05:27

@ jukebox: Thank you so much! Glad to read your comment. :D

So these weeks I've worked on the third XV8, I gave to this model a more static pose, on a more wide base with a lot of city ruins. Battlesuit weapons are the same of the second XV8, just to give a "mass production pattern" sense. For the pose a similar conversion of the previous models, legs and arms cutted, some small conversion on the body and on the head.

After the battlesuit I've started a non-GW model that client uses for Darkstrider (from Dreamforge), he added some tau bits to "tauish" this model. Really good conversion IMO. In first pic you can see clothes painted with the camouflage of the urban cadre, I've used for robes desert tones and a grey armour. In second pic you can see details about the tau skin and in the third pic the model completed.

Now I'm going to start with Firewarriors, a squad composed of twelve models. Same tones for robes and armours, with Green LEDs and light glow effect as client requested. Next days I will post some pics.

Comments and Feedbacks are always welcome.

OnIn - Onos Industries

Return to “Project Logs”