O'Nearsight and -sigh- a bunch of gundams

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
ghostancisco
Shas

O'Nearsight and -sigh- a bunch of gundams

Post#1 » Aug 03 2017 08:04

Hello fellow Tau, (hides wolf pelt)
This is my first real post and after lurking for a while, it seems like a good place to start my ATT career. It all started when i saw a riptide 2 years ago. I hadnt really done any cool conversions or really gotten into a project in far to long so... Here comes the gundam... Nothing was to deter my excitement as i day dreamed of amuro ray and shiro amada. The salesman tried to guilt trip me into not playing tau but I laughed at him and swiped my credit card while not averting eye contact the whole time. I went strait home and put a few pieces together to see what i was working with. then things got crazy. I decided to turn the suits legs upside down to achieve and more human posture and design but since tau were my first step into 40k some 15 years ago, I was gonna keep the tau spirit alive in my conversion.

after I built the riptide, I primed it and stuck it in a box and forgot about it until 8th edition. I read some random post on reddit about 8th edition coming out soon so i decided it was time to really get back into the hobby. I convinced my roommate he should play nurgle. he farted. and we purchased dark imperium and I got a get started tau box. (what a deal I thought! wow gw is really turning things around.) and holy cow those new xv8s are so cool. we are so lucky guys. I went home and both dark imperium and my get started box were missing sprues. No heros in DI and no fire warriors in my GS tau box. well that started off just dandy. I quickly called gw and they hooked it up. Over the next month I went to town, sold my old WFB empire, some marines and a kidney to muster my Cadre for the new story of 40k.

All in All i went crazy. I have 20 pathfinders, 10 breachers, 2 devilfish, the OG (riptide), 6 crisis suits (3 unbuilt) a coldstar( same), 1 commander and enough drones for a day of skeet shooting. I used the turret dudes from the devilfish to make a fireblade and darkstrider and i crafted a minimalist aun'shi.

I finally finished the Ghostkeel. the feet were hard to decide on, I probably made 3 different feet before finding the current pieces. Once I get all the bits I need for the other 3 suits and the coldstar Ill make a more detailed guide-ish thing. and hopefully Ill get paint some of this stuff. Let me know what you like and don't like. I like tau.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bonus macro Image
For the Gooder Great!

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Re: O'Nearsight and -sigh- a bunch of gundams

Post#2 » Aug 04 2017 09:14

Very cool! Very much a gundam/transformers feel to those units, especially with the legs. Keep up the good work!

ghostancisco
Shas

Re: O'Nearsight and -sigh- a bunch of gundams

Post#3 » Aug 08 2017 03:50

Arka0415 wrote:Very cool! Very much a gundam/transformers feel to those units, especially with the legs. Keep up the good work!

:D
thank you for the reply. i just realized i complained about the ghostkeel feet and they arent even pictured.

im not 100% sure about the legs. i like whats there but im not sure if i want to add more. i was thinking about adding hip armour to the crisis/commander like i did with the ghostkeel. Im afraid over going over board because it could ruin the simplicity of the tau aesthetic.

ill get some more pictures off the whole force up soon and maybe start painting next week. still a little undecided on a paint scheme.
For the Gooder Great!

Return to “Project Logs”