Colony Security Force. A project log by Knives

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Knives
Shas'Saal

Re: Colony Security Force. A project log by Knives

Post#19 » Aug 25 2017 06:23

Update.

Throwing on some blue here to figure out a rough colour scheme for this guy.

My first conversion with anything tau. I have done extensive conversions with marines, not the tau. I find tau as a whole a lot more complex when you paint & assemble them.

Combat ready Ethereal.

(Edited)

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#20 » Aug 26 2017 04:45

Added some cream colour to the ethereal.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#21 » Aug 27 2017 04:19

The inspiration for this guy came from the shogun total war serries and colonial military uniforms.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#22 » Aug 29 2017 03:23

The Battle so far. Still a long way to go.

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#23 » Sep 01 2017 10:38

One of the biggest problems I've always had with Ethereals is that they look so out of place in such a mechanized force as a Tau army. There are clean lines and mechanical bits galore and then suddenly an unarmored figure in a robe, they just don't fit. You've managed to tie the Ethereal to the rest of the force aesthetically, while still clearly displaying that he is indeed different from the other models. Well done.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#24 » Sep 01 2017 11:22

Agentarrow wrote:One of the biggest problems I've always had with Ethereals is that they look so out of place in such a mechanized force as a Tau army. There are clean lines and mechanical bits galore and then suddenly an unarmored figure in a robe, they just don't fit. You've managed to tie the Ethereal to the rest of the force aesthetically, while still clearly displaying that he is indeed different from the other models. Well done.

Hey thank you.

Feel free to try it out. :)

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#25 » Sep 04 2017 02:38

Hey guys.

So as you may have read. I have been working towards finishing my project log here. I have yet to acomplish this goal. But I have got my first game in with tau. Well sort of.

We are mid way through the game. 7th edition.

And so far we are tied for two victory points each. I plan to post some pics. Sadly our local spot has closed so we're playing floor hammer.

We are at the top if furn 3. And I have to say tau shooting is ridiculous. I love taking whole squads out at a time.

I have taken out his land raider and vidicator and drop pods and chaplin. He still has a dreadnought in reserve.

Anyway I got to get back in the Trenches. Will be posting pics and army list soon.

Wish me luck guys.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#26 » Sep 04 2017 04:34

The tau have won the day!!!

Glorious victory.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#27 » Sep 17 2017 10:16

Hey.

Been taking a break from working on this project to deal with some stuff.

Well staying alive really. My family have been collecting supplies and planning for a worst case scenario. I encourage you to do the same.

During these ridicoulous times. I just wanted to say thanks for playing 40k. It has brought a lot of joy to my life over the years. And I'm very grateful for being able to share it with you.

I'm grateful to you all for supporting 40k over the years and wish all of your families luck in this troubling time.

Please keep yourselfs safe. Plan for Murphy's law. And I pray that murphy is wrong, that things will cool down. And I can get back to updating my blog.

But right now I need to spend time with my family. I hope that you all are safe and sound from the very bottom of my heart.

May the Emperor Protect.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#28 » Sep 29 2017 09:47

Hey folks been taking a break from painting. So I decided to post some art. Why am I posting some art? Well I was hoping to do some tau pics for you guys. So if you have an Idea for Tau based pics let me know and I will give it a shot.

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#29 » Sep 29 2017 09:50

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#30 » Sep 30 2017 01:05

No requests? Essentially free commision. Ya know stuff that normally costs a few hundred dollars.

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#31 » Sep 30 2017 04:37

I just found these updates on your thread. I've been enjoying watching you progress, and I actually do have a request for you. I have a character that was in a short story I wrote some time ago on this site, as Shas'ui named Soo'Ka. He was originally a regular Fire Warrior, but his armor was Sa'cea orange with grey fatigues and black shin guards.

I'd love to see a Fire Warrior Breacher in Sa'cea Orange, armor worn and battered but functional, in an aiming pose pointed directly at the observer, with the blue glow of a shot beginning to form in the barrels. The background should be suggestive, with no real detail, and the focus on the Fire Warrior himself.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#32 » Sep 30 2017 08:55

Sa'cea Mont'yr wrote:I just found these updates on your thread. I've been enjoying watching you progress, and I actually do have a request for you. I have a character that was in a short story I wrote some time ago on this site, as Shas'ui named Soo'Ka. He was originally a regular Fire Warrior, but his armor was Sa'cea orange with grey fatigues and black shin guards.

I'd love to see a Fire Warrior Breacher in Sa'cea Orange, armor worn and battered but functional, in an aiming pose pointed directly at the observer, with the blue glow of a shot beginning to form in the barrels. The background should be suggestive, with no real detail, and the focus on the Fire Warrior himself.

I will draw your Breacher my good fellow. Any request on what kind of style. Such as manga/ american comic/ fusion / paint / photo realistic(obviously the most time consuming) / Cartoon / chibi / or abstraction.

Sa'cea Mont'yr
Shas'El
Shas'El

Post#33 » Oct 01 2017 11:40

I'm going to ask for photo realistic. It's one of my favorite styles. I know it will certainly take the longest, but I'm a huge proponent of the phrase, "Fast, Good, Cheap; choose two." Since you are providing something for free, I am more than willing to wait until you are done; and I will appreciate the work, time, and effort that goes into the art piece. I look forward to seeing it. If you'd be willing, I'd love to see progress photos. And thank you for taking this on.

As an aside, if you'd like a feel for how Soo'Ka as a character is, feel free to do a quick read-through of The Bodyguard.
Shas'el Sa'cea Cal'Ka Mon'tyr

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#34 » Oct 01 2017 03:14

Hmmm.... Probably should have left out photo realistic as an option. See what I can do. It could require some 3d modeling to get the textures and lighting right. Anyone know where to get a breacher wire frame to use? A Ztl file would speed things up quite a bit.

Okay brother I will start with a 3D program called zbrush and model you something then paint it up in Photoshop. I'm kind of excited about doing the gloved hands. Never done leather before.

Return to “Project Logs”