Hoob's Tash'var Cadre project log
Posted: Aug 14 2017 07:14
Recently got back into the hobby for the first time since I was a kid. Twelve years is a hell of a break, but I think I'm getting into the swing of things.
Currently going with a forest camo (using the term camo loosely here) theme for my guys. Here's the first squad I painted up; pretty rough, but I like how it came out. There's a lot of things I can identify as screw-ups, but I think it's a nice tabletop standard. Trying not to hyper-focus on fixing up mistakes, I want to get to a table ready army sometime in the next decade (P.S. I realise now I glued the markerlight in totally the wrong spot, looks way goofy. Might fix it in the future)
The basing is not great; I'm actually planning to pick it off and try something different. Probably going to try to be a bit more conservative with basing material, and fill up the bulk of the space with texture paint instead.
And here's a Crisis Suit WIP; actually took this a few days ago, I'm chugging along at an okay pace with these, got two suits almost completed. All weapon mounting points magnetised, although I didn't bother to magnetise any support systems, feels like overkill.
I'll try to periodically update this as I go along. Feedback and constructive criticism more than welcome.