Mike's Tau force Log -(Sept name pending)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Mike's Tau force Log -(Sept name pending)

Post#1 » Sep 10 2017 11:03

Decided to make a log of my progress on my army. For previous pictures you can see them here. -> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26448

New WIP and stuff I'll post here

So far I made my command structure for my Tau forces
My Commander for the army. going by the name Reaper Strike. (name pending but want the reaper as part of the name)

And her Entourage

Gue'vesa'Vre Mike Murdock. Piloting a Human type Crisis Suit (Using the Epirian Hunter from Maelstrom) with a Fusion blaster for the main weapon

Don't have a name settled for this one yet. Might use a name generator for a name for him. Only thing I got is Shas''Vre for the rank

A XV8 (older mini) with some parts of heavy Gear stuff and green stuffs. also working on a name for her and this was before I saw the tutorial for making battlesuit hands. I will keep these hands though even though it's 5 fingers instead of 4 :)

n1md4
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Mike's Tau force Log -(Sept name pending)

Post#2 » Sep 12 2017 07:33

Interesting looking variants.

What colour scheme are you going with?
This is a sad day for the nobel profession of otter milking -- Knives
Onmyou's Motivation Service

MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Sep 12 2017 11:38

n1md4 wrote:Interesting looking variants.

I actually manage to do this color scheme Image

mainly the idea I received for the idea is the Red Shoulder unit from the series Armored Troopers Votoms since I wanted to make a paint scheme that uses army greens ,but also have a red colored pauldron to show there loyalty to the Enclave

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Sep 15 2017 07:56

MikeMurdock wrote:
n1md4 wrote:Interesting looking variants.

I actually manage to do this color scheme Image

mainly the idea I received for the idea is the Red Shoulder unit from the series Armored Troopers Votoms since I wanted to make a paint scheme that uses army greens ,but also have a red colored pauldron to show there loyalty to the Enclave

Hah, that's very close to mine. I use the same green and black undercloth but (so far) orange Sept and Rank markings and instead of the shoulder I paint one or more of the leg armor panels in red to show their FSE support. :D

MikeMurdock
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Sep 19 2017 05:55

Panzer wrote:Hah, that's very close to mine. I use the same green and black undercloth but (so far) orange Sept and Rank markings and instead of the shoulder I paint one or more of the leg armor panels in red to show their FSE support. :D

nice! Hopefully I can get to painting soon ,but I have 5 battlesuits, 3 stealth suits, a firewarrior squad, broadside, pathfinders, piranha, and chimera to complete along with the custom tanks and another special project to finish so I been doing them every other day after work (other days i am busy with chores) and full swing on the weekends when I have nothing to do :)

anyway my System trooper heads (Pig Iron miniatures) are finally here and now I have more progress shots

yeah it's hard to see the heads a bit cause of the shiny pewter and white resin on the female guardsmen :sad:

but I do love these system trooper heads. has very much a Tau design look to them. only downside is ther are very hard to get off the spure. I needed like the strength of 10 ogryns to get them off since the connection to the spure was extra thick ( yeah yeah get your laughs of the samurai jack reference :P ) but happy now the heads arrived :)

Return to “Project Logs”