Commander Project

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
FAKA
Shas

Commander Project

Post#1 » Oct 10 2017 10:19

Dear Fellow commanders,

I aways loved our battlesuit commanders, especially with the 8th edition where you could have a game with just commanders and drone. I know its a spam, but it looks and feels awesome. Sadly, due to my work and my location, I am not able to actually play any games with them, but I love the models and the idea so much, I began this little project of mine. I am going to share them with you today, and see what if what you guys think. ;)

The idea behind this project is simple, basically....commanders, any and all commanders with battlesuit. I'm thinking, if we are to face a foe that is so powerful, that requests the special high command force to join together to beat them, we would gather our best fighter from across the systems. This means that each commander would be some what different to others, different camos, different weapons, different tech...

Anyways, here is the list of what I have done so far:

First, we have commander Farsight:

Commander Shadowsun

Shas'O R'Myr

Shas'O R'Alai

QF commander 1.

QF commander 2.

Commander 1.

Coldstar commander

And here is everyone together

I haven't given any names to the... unnamed commanders, it would be interesting to see if anyone has any suggested names for them. Hope you guys enjoyed them. :D

I shall update them ones I have more of them finished.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Commander Project

Post#2 » Oct 10 2017 11:44

I feel you on that. It's basically a large scale killteam which is incredibly cool. Too bad it's also one of our best list concepts so it feels too cheesy usually. :D
I hope it'll be less cheesy with our Codex so I don't jsve to feel bad about starting such a project myself.

Love your second Quad Fusion Commander. Was thinking about something similar.

Small fluff nitpick: you said they would all have different camo. That's not really true, T'au repaint their armor when they get deployed elsewhere. Farsight for the way he fights and Shadowsun for her stealth technology are exceptions of course (and totally not because they are named characters! :P ).

FAKA
Shas

Post#3 » Oct 11 2017 12:16

@Panzer,
Oh ok... I didn't know that they repaint their armor... but thank you for the info. Hum... I guess I just want them to look cool with different color ;)

I do have the Farsight Eight painted from our 7th codex, but I don't know if they are coming back in the 8th. I really hope they do, they are not that good for gaming in the 7th, but they sure look good together.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Oct 11 2017 12:22

Rule of cool is always a valid excuse. :D

Arka0415
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#5 » Oct 11 2017 07:58

Panzer wrote:Small fluff nitpick: you said they would all have different camo. That's not really true, T'au repaint their armor when they get deployed elsewhere. Farsight for the way he fights and Shadowsun for her stealth technology are exceptions of course (and totally not because they are named characters! :P ).

Only if they have time! Imagine a scenario so desperate and hurried that the Commanders had to deploy and fight mere moments after meeting each other! The mixed paint schemes make the force feel even more ad-hoc!

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Oct 11 2017 08:01

Arka0415 wrote:
Panzer wrote:Small fluff nitpick: you said they would all have different camo. That's not really true, T'au repaint their armor when they get deployed elsewhere. Farsight for the way he fights and Shadowsun for her stealth technology are exceptions of course (and totally not because they are named characters! :P ).

Only if they have time! Imagine a scenario so desperate and hurried that the Commanders had to deploy and fight mere moments after meeting each other! The mixed paint schemes make the force feel even more ad-hoc!

Yeah of course, but that would be the exception of the rule. There are always exceptions. :D

Knives
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Oct 11 2017 01:28

Images not working on android.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Oct 11 2017 01:34

Works fine on my android.

FAKA
Shas

Post#9 » Oct 11 2017 08:02

Arka0415 wrote:

That is a very good point!

Return to “Project Logs”