Project blog: Tau Superheavy Walker (Completed)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Re: Project blog: Tau Superheavy Walker (Nearly Finished!)

Post#521 » Jan 19 2010 09:34

If you weren't all the way in Australia I would say apply for a job. That model is amazing. I would love to have one for myself. but there are only two restrictions holding me back:
1) I hate extra large painting projects like that
2) It's questionable that I would ever use it in a game, plus I lack proper storage space. It would be a very large paperweight.
However, that's not to say that it's not great! Quite the contrary! This set is amazing and after all the time and effort it took to get here, you deserve a pat on the back!
As heavy would say:
"You did well! mmm Sandwich!" :P
Last edited by Agentarrow on Jan 27 2010 11:46, edited 2 times in total.

Warhound
Shas

Post#522 » Jan 27 2010 07:04

'Hominyana,Hominyana,Hominyana,Hominyana,Hominyana,Hominyana,.........ho!"

Does raindance for cardboard box to fall out of sky, land on desk at work and open with the radiance of shining etheric gold... :lol:

When said package arrives will be posting a blog to illustrate, exactly what comes in the box, (hopefully) how easy it is to construct and then the painting element.

Next week will be a memorable one!

cheers

WARHOUND
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre

Post#523 » Jan 27 2010 09:37

ooh, can't wait for that!

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#524 » Jan 27 2010 10:46

Damn man, if only I had that kind of talent...
Last edited by Orpheus Hangar on Jan 28 2010 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

Dal'yth Mont'sha
Shas'Vre

Post#525 » Jan 27 2010 11:24

Guys please remember that ATT can not be used for commercial purposes at all. Please do not make any reference, direct or implied, about the sale or purchase of products between members or the general public in the forums.

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#526 » Jan 28 2010 01:56

Dal'yth Mont'sha wrote:Guys please remember that ATT can not be used for commercial purposes at all. Please do not make any reference, direct or implied, about the sale or purchase of products between members or the general public in the forums.

*headdesk* That always slips my mind... :-?

Warhound
Shas

Post#527 » Jan 28 2010 04:55

Hey Dalyth,

I have PM'd you and the Mods- cheers for the prompter;-)

Thanks

WARHOUND
www.resinaddict.com .... go on, you know you need to!

mangozac
Kor

Post#528 » Jan 28 2010 05:44

Hey there's no advertising or commerce going on here. It's no secret that there is a kit available and if people want to express excitement for it then that's fine.

I can't wait for Mark to get his kit and paint it up - I have no doubts that he will do my masterpiece complete justice ;)

Dal'yth Mont'sha
Shas'Vre

Post#529 » Jan 28 2010 08:29

mangozac wrote:Hey there's no advertising or commerce going on here. It's no secret that there is a kit available and if people want to express excitement for it then that's fine.

I can't wait for Mark to get his kit and paint it up - I have no doubts that he will do my masterpiece complete justice ;)

I did not suggest that there was any specific advertising/open commerce going on, if there were the offending posters would be receiving warnings from a security drone rather than a Shas'vre taking the time out of his own busy schedule to ensure nobody does need that security drone visit.

Instead this is a gentle nudge to keep the comments directed at congratulating you on your hard work, fine craftsmanship and a job exceptionally well done. And, when it comes to it of course, Warhound's work with the paints to bring one of these beasts to life. 'Tis not the place to be commenting about expensive (or not) freight costs, exchange rates or any other commercial based consideration for an item created by a member of the community.

And it is not that we do not want to see your project, or others (like Joek's) succeed, or even that we would not want to help them along the way if we could, but there are broader considerations effecting the administration of this forum which preclude us from being able to do so. As with some of our other rules, they may occasionally make us appear draconian but in the long run they help us to keep ATT running trouble free without GW, ATT's host or any other external entity having any issues with us.

Wolfs16
Fio'El

Post#530 » Jan 28 2010 08:38

Well said Mont'sha. :)

Now, I must say, congratulations on finishing such an astounding project! When you first started this project, did you expect things to grow like they have? This is truly a stunning project and a real inspiration to any scratch builders out there. Thank you so much for taking us on this journey! :)

Return to “Project Logs”