Project blog: Tau Superheavy Walker (Completed)

Post long term projects you have devised for your Tau or other hobby projects.
mangozac
Kor

Re: Project blog: Tau Superheavy Walker (Nearly Finished!)

Post#531 » Jan 28 2010 03:36

I'm sorry but I simply don't agree with how this is being handled. But alas, this is not the place to discuss such matters so I won't argue it.

Wolfy, I'd never even contemplated doing something like this before I started and it was never intended to become such a commercial project! I'll make a bit more of an official post about the journey when we see the first completed one.

Tael
Fio'O
Fio'O

Post#532 » Jan 28 2010 10:48

Hi All,

Just wanted to reset the status quo.

Simply put, the project log and discussion of the Mango's beast is perfectly fine, if you wish to know more contact him privately or via his signature link. The discussion of sales, pricing and so on is off limits due to constraints ATT has with our hosting. Other sites may differ from ATT, other sites may even have larger funding to afford more flexible hosting plans. Whilst we discuss, paint and model GW, Forgeworld, WarMachine kits and other models on ATT, we do not and cannot sell them through ATT.

What remains the same is we enjoy seeing new models, built and painted from various sources on the web. For example the Auxiliary Resource thread and the entire Enemies and Alternate Systems forum.

If you wish to know more than commentary and critique on building techniques for this project, contact MangoZac privately.

Pretty simple, outlined several times on ATT before. So sit back and enjoy your shrimp tails in the shade of this massive model.

- Tael. :)

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#533 » Jan 29 2010 12:00

Yeah... This always seems to be such a thing to try to keep down.

I just about laughed out loud when I read the shrimp tails part since I finished watching District 9 about ten minutes before logging in.

Insectoid
Kroot

Post#534 » Feb 08 2010 09:31

If the macroture (I made up a new word!) becomes very popular, and quickly sells out, are there any plans to build a new set of molds? Will you be painting one up yourself (As in the beginning this WAS a project for yourself). I can't wait to see one of these completely assembled and painted!
Mostly just lurk.

mangozac
Kor

Post#535 » Feb 08 2010 09:42

Ahh very good questions insectoid. I am in fact currently discussing distribution rights for the US with a certain resin kit maker over there so when my set of moulds wear out they can continue production. We'll see how it pans out.

To be honest, I'm not all that interested in painting one up myself. It's such a big model and since I don't play 40k these days I haven't really got anything to do with it. It's too large to make a diorama for and/or put in a display case. In any case I will always have the original masters and I'm sure I'll end up finally building my own one day ;)

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#536 » Feb 08 2010 10:47

Well, Zac, my sis and i could paint up a display model for you... :roll:

Agentarrow
Fio'Vre
Fio'Vre

Post#537 » Feb 08 2010 10:57

mangozac wrote:To be honest, I'm not all that interested in painting one up myself. It's such a big model and since I don't play 40k these days I haven't really got anything to do with it. It's too large to make a diorama for and/or put in a display case. In any case I will always have the original masters and I'm sure I'll end up finally building my own one day ;)

It's like the manta, you don't fight wars WITH it, you fight wars ON it.

mangozac
Kor

Post#538 » Feb 09 2010 04:06

AA, you ride on your Manta? Like on the outside? :-?

Nice try Orpheus. I want to see more painting from you first :P

Orpheus Hangar
Shas

Post#539 » Feb 09 2010 09:06

mangozac wrote:Nice try Orpheus. I want to see more painting from you first :P

If it means a chance to take a crack at this baby, then I'll do my entire cadre! :fear:

mangozac
Kor

Post#540 » Jun 01 2010 05:23

Hey team, long time no post! I've had heaps going on, along with a bad case of the real lifes, but I do have some news.

Well the SAW project has just reached another milestone. I've produced several kits that are now with their owners all over the globe and my moulds have worn out. I have since signed a deal with Chapterhouse Studios and they are now producing and distributing the kit from the US. More news on this soon.

----------------------------------------------------

Through the process of making my kits I've ended up with a heap of miscasts and spare parts. They would be perfect for eclectic projects such as terrain and the like, but I've got no time for doing any of that so I figure I might as well sell it all off on the cheap to whoever wants them.

Now, I must stress all of the larger parts have some kind of fault, some quite major such as large cavities. Most of the smaller parts like the joint cover discs in the bag are in perfect condition. All in all it's about 1.3kg of resin, exactly as the pic below.

Sorry but the deal is for Aussies only. I can take direct deposit or Paypal. If you're keen swing me a PM

(click for bigger)

Return to “Project Logs”