what to get next?

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Nitrogue
Shas

what to get next?

Post#1 » Feb 13 2018 11:04

Hi All

Currently trying to flesh out my army a bit, and was wondering what people think i should be looking at getting next. Currently painting my current models, so not looking at getting anything until at least the end of the month.

Currently have: (just shy of a battalion detachment)
1x ethereal
6x xv8 suits (magnetised)
20x strike team firewarriors (all with rifles)
10x pathfinders (2 with ion rifle)
18x drones (various bodies, using friction fit to swap)

On sprue:
1x ethereal, considering kitbashing him/her into a fireblade

Ideas:
Stealth suits, not 100% how to use them yet
Kroot/ vespid again not 100% how to use them. also still developing paint scheme/ skills and i feel non-suited models might be the best just yet
vehicles - might be a bit big for the time being
commander - would give me access to the battlion detachment, not sure which variant to go for (i know meta is quad fusion, but the coldstar looks cool)
more of the same need to keep the motivation going, dropping in more of the same might squash that.

any thoughts welcomed

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Re: what to get next?

Post#2 » Feb 13 2018 11:21

Currently commanders are the #1 choice in our codex, and I personally think the model is super cool. The Coldstar variant is super cool looking and is very fun to field, what with it zipping around the board. I would convert the second ethereal into a fire blade, I assume that both teams of fire warriors are built with pulse rifles? Stealth suits are surprisingly durable and will soak up a lot of your opponents shooting, but their main use is for the homing becon. Basically the stealth suits drop the homing becon at the end of their movement and then a unit in deep strike can be placed within 6” of the becon. This lets you put flamer crisis within 8”. TLDR; I recommend picking up a commander and/or a box of stealth suits.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

Nitrogue
Shas

Post#3 » Feb 13 2018 12:19

thanks for the input, yes all of the strike teams have rifles, didn't see the point of the carbines when could get almost the same affect plus almost double range.

Physically what is different between the two commander variants, is it just some fins or is it major body rework? just wondering if i could magnetise the differences or not.

MNGamer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 13 2018 12:46

Nitrogue wrote:thanks for the input, yes all of the strike teams have rifles, didn't see the point of the carbines when could get almost the same affect plus almost double range.

Physically what is different between the two commander variants, is it just some fins or is it major body rework? just wondering if i could magnetise the differences or not.

You would have to magnetize the jetpacks and the underslung high output burst cannon. It’s possible, but would take a decent amount of time and skip.
Even when broken, a sword may still cut~Aun'ko'vash

Nitrogue
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 14 2018 04:12

Will see if i can find some pictures of the sprue differences, to see if its worth the magnets.

Not too worried about magnetising, currently magnetising 2 teams of XV8s, currently got all 18 weapons done and 4 of the suits done

Return to “Cadre Building”