2000pts Tau Force

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Jared
Shas

2000pts Tau Force

Post#1 » Jan 27 2016 11:00

Hi all, I would love any tips or advice on my list, I believe the shear number of shots should deal with most toughness units and the Heavy Burst Cannons Nova-charged, Fusion Blasters & Railguns should be enough to deal with armoured targets.

2000pts (1999pts)

Aun'Va

Fireblade

12 Fire Warriors

11 Fire Warriors

11 Fire Warriors

11 Fire Warriors

3 Marksmen & 9 Sniper drones

Crisis Team
3 XV8 with 3 Flamers & 3 Fusion Blasters

Riptide
Heavy Burst Cannon & TL Fusion Blaster & Early Warning Override

Riptide
Heavy Burst Cannon & TL Fusion Blaster & Early Warning Override

Tidewall
2 Guns Discs, 2 Walls, 2 Drone Discs (8 Marker Drones)

The Army plan is to have;
Aun'Va, Fireblade, 12 Fire Warriors and 2 Sniper Teams riding in the Tidewall, both HQs Tau'ing the Railguns.
The 3 units of 11 Fire Warriors for capturing objectives and applying pressure.
The Riptides would be between the Tidewall and the roaming Fire Warriors to give them supporting fire.
One Sniper Team staying back guarding an objective.
Last but not Least, the Crisis Team, this can deep-strike for a rear armour attack and any nice flamer opportunities.

Reaper13
Shas

Re: 2000pts Tau Force

Post#2 » Jan 20 2017 01:33

I prefer the Ion accelerator on the riptides to be honest, for only 5 points more, you get three different fire modes, all good in their own way. The standard can deal with most vehicles and the Nova charged profile is for that pesky Av 14. (Monoliths and Land raiders...) The Blast template is an infantry killer, with strength 8 and ap 2, it makes short work of most infantry. (Assuming you don't scatter away of course.) Mixing flamers and FB is not the best idea in my opinion, because if you target a vehicle, the flamer is practically useless. I'd go 2 crisis with 2x Fusion and as a different unit, one with 2x Flamers. I think some broadsides might serve you better than the sniper drones, and an ethereal over the fireblade. (Storm of Fire) And what are your FWs equiped with? Pulse rifle? Pulse Carbine? Pulse Blaster? (Breachers) I would use the Pulse rifle. Hope this helps. :D
Who says we don't have assault units... Drones :crafty:

Return to “Cadre Building”