1850 ITC Dawn Blade Contingent, possible Necron Allies

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
The Shrike
Shas'La
Shas'La

1850 ITC Dawn Blade Contingent, possible Necron Allies

Post#1 » Sep 09 2016 07:31

Dawn Blade Contingent

Hunter Cadre

Commander: 2x Missile Pod, Drone Controller, Target Lock, 2x Marker Drones- 152

Crisis Suit: 2x Fusion Blaster

5x Strikes
5x Strikes
5x Breachers

5x Pathfinders

Stormsurge: Pulse Blastcannon, Airbursting Frag Projector, EWO, Counterfire Defense System, Shields- 425

Drone Net

4x4 Marker Drones- 224

Skysweep Missile Defense

3x Skyrays w/ Blacksun Filters, 1x Devilfish with SMS- 438

Canoptek Harvest- 368

Spyder

6x Wraiths: 6x Whipcoils

3x Scarabs

Total: 1849

I know the CAD and Hunter Contingent are more popular options, but here's my rationale:

Other Stormsurges, Wraithknights, deathstars, IKs are all easier for me to kill in a DBC. I think I have more than sufficient marker support in the list so a hunter contingent doesn't help me as much as reroll pen and wounds.

I also understand no one is using the skysweep formation; but it's my only way of getting skyrays in a DBC and I still think they're great. Alpha strike; anti Stormsurge/Wraithknights/hive tyrants and provide marker support and windrider-killin SMS after they fire their missile racks.

As for the Crons; I thought about a Cullexus and am open to swapping out but I just figured that expert deathstar players simply know how to mitigate it. At least the Crons have more staying power. What do you think? Although Hit and Run is a concern. The wraiths aren't much of a tarpit if the deathstar has it; and many of the close combat oriented ones do...

What do you think? Can I stand up against super friends/warp spider spam/IKs / riptide wing?

Return to “Cadre Building”