Thunderstrike Gale Contingent: ITC 1850pts List

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
GuidingOlive
Shas'Saal

Thunderstrike Gale Contingent: ITC 1850pts List

Post#1 » Nov 10 2016 01:03

In my continuing Competitive efforts I've come across a rift that I haven't seemingly been able to get over. This rift is due to my inability to accept the Monster Mash list as the Prime Competitive list for the Empire. So I did ever more number crunching. I found the 3-1-1 Riptide Wing and saw its potential to lead Eldar lists to victory and its presence in the European scene. But I found the 3-1-1 and the Double Stormsurge lists simply did not mix. In addition, psychic deathstars are making it harder and harder to not take a psychic abomination. But through a bunch of number crunching, tweaking, feedback processes, and a lot of simulation I've come up with what I hope will finally beat out the Monster Mash.

Thunderstrike Gale Contingent (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v64) (1850pts)

Combined Arms Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v33) (759pts)
Farsight Enclaves

HQ
Commander [2x MV7 Marker Drone]
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Command and Control Node, Drone Controller, Flamer]

Troops
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Crisis Shas'ui [Flamer]

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Crisis Shas'ui [Flamer]

Fast Attack
Drones [4x MV7 Marker Drone]

Lord of War
KV128 Stormsurges
KV128 Stormsurge [Early Warning Override, Pulse Driver Cannon, Shield Generator, Twin-linked Flamer]

Fortification
Imperial Bunker [Escape Hatch]

Formation Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v33) (1010pts)
Riptide Wing
XV104 Riptide Battlesuits
Riptide Shas'vre [Counterfire Defence System, Early Warning Override, Heavy Burst Cannon, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
Riptide Shas'vre [Counterfire Defence System, Heavy Burst Cannon, Target Lock, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
Riptide Shas'vre [Counterfire Defence System, Heavy Burst Cannon, Target Lock, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

Riptide Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Heavy Burst Cannon, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

Riptide Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Heavy Burst Cannon, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

Formation Detachment (Burning of Prospero Imperial Datasheet (2016)) (81pts)
Null-Maiden Task Force
Sisters of Silence Squad
5x Sisters of Silence [3x Flamer, 2x Executioner Greatblade]

Now I've also been using a simulator to make standard doctrine deployments and movements for my army. How this works is I put everything but the Commander, the Crisis Suits, and the Drones in reserve (with the Commander of course). The sisters start close to but not in the Bunker. My entire army does a semi-circle around them outside the 6" range. Then the Riptides guard the Stormsurge, the Sisters use the Bunker to place the Escape Hatch in a position that they can get within 12" of any psychic Deathstars. Turn two is when I drop the base and fire everything with Marker support and just nuke my enemy into the ground. As always I appreciate all feedback given. Thank you all for your time, have a Nice Day.

Return to “Cadre Building”