Thunderstrike Tempest Contingent V2: ITC 1850pts List

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
GuidingOlive
Shas'Saal

Thunderstrike Tempest Contingent V2: ITC 1850pts List

Post#1 » Dec 14 2016 12:05

To preface this I'll explain how this all came about. As a competitive player, I tend to play solely what is optimal in the sense that I can survive the entire game and keep up on Victory Points. Then I had my life changed. Someone made a comment about the Master of Ambush Warlord Trait and putting Y'vahras in super close. So naturally, I made the mental leap to "what if my Stormsurges could be a part of that?"
After working it out I'm putting it to the forums for critique and comment.

Thunderstrike Tempest Contingent V2 (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2013) (1850pts)
Combined Arms Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2002)
Farsight Enclaves

HQ
Commander
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Neuroweb System Jammer, Shield Generator, Stimulant Injector, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit ,Fusion Blades [Twin-linked Fusion Blaster]
Commander [2x MV7 Marker Drone]
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Command and Control Node, Drone Controller, Flamer]

Troops
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Crisis Shas'ui [Flamer]
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Crisis Shas'ui [Flamer]

Fast Attack
Drones [5x MV7 Marker Drone]
XV109 Y'vahra Battlesuit [FW] [Counterfire Defence System, Early Warning Override]
XV109 Y'vahra Battlesuit [FW] [Counterfire Defence System, Early Warning Override]

Lord of War
KV128 Stormsurges
KV128 Stormsurge [Early Warning Override, Pulse Blastcannon, Shield Generator, Twin-linked Flamer]
KV128 Stormsurge [Early Warning Override, Pulse Blastcannon, Shield Generator, Twin-linked Flamer]

Formation Detachment (Sisters of Silence: Dataslate (2016) v2000)
Sisters of Silence Squad
Sister of Silence [Executioner Greatblade]

Now this list is built around the master of ambush warlord trait. This makes it an all or nothing list. When facing everything but deathstars I put my SS, my Yvahras, and my battlemander in to go danger close. With psychic deathstars I gladly concede one Y'vahra for sisters of silence. The point of this list is that the game is decided by turn 3. Either I'm dead, or the opponent is.
Notable changes that are considered. I did put a drone net formation in here by giving up Stims on the battlemander and the second commander with his squad. NSJ was gone as well. Additionally I could keep Stims by going double weapons but lose out on those delicious swings in melee.
Thank you all for your time. Have a Nice Day.

Return to “Cadre Building”