1,850 ITC GT List, Competitive & Anti-Psyker [UPDATED WITH RESULTS]

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Re: 1,850 ITC GT List, Competitive & Anti-Psyker

Post#11 » Jan 23 2017 03:12

Plainshow wrote:
Unicornsilovethem wrote:I don't see a single reason to take the Burstcannon over the AFP on the Stormsurge.
It's cheaper and can shoot at Fliers. When presented with multiple FMCs (Daemons, Flyrants), I like to Blastcannon one (fishing for 6s on D), unload the SMS and Rockets on another, then use the Blastcannon on a third (that the Broadsides/Riptides will also work on). If any one of those Fliers fails a Grounding Test (not unlikely), the Stormsurge can charge it, and attempt to Stomp. Neither does any real quantity of damage, so I prefer to have more options.

They cost the same. You say that you'll charge, which means you aren't putting down your anchors, and you are sacrificing half your damage output. If you put down your anchors and switched to AFP, you'd have twice as powerful anti-flyer guns, and still be able to clear out two squads of runts that are about to charge you.

Plainshow
Shas

Post#12 » Jan 23 2017 04:24

Unicornsilovethem wrote:They cost the same.
You are correct.
Unicornsilovethem wrote:You say that you'll charge, which means you aren't putting down your anchors, and you are sacrificing half your damage output. If you put down your anchors and switched to AFP, you'd have twice as powerful anti-flyer guns, and still be able to clear out two squads of runts that are about to charge you.
But I won't be able to use the Blastcannon aginst the Fliers. The whole point of the VT is to D-shotgun tough air targets. The Anchors would need to be already down, in which case no one will go within 10" it, and the Blastcannon then can't target Fliers. If I drop Anchors after moving in range they won't stay there, they'll just move away. I don't much see the point of the Anchors when facing multiple Fliers. The Rockets and SMS are good to have against FMCs, but don't do too much unless you get really lucky. Firing them twice in that situation doesn't really multiply the Stormsurge's output. While the AFP sometimes clip up to three models in a normal unit (less if the bases are bigger, four if you scatter lucky), the Burst Cannon will hit about the same, but at a higher strength. The Barrage is nice, but really the damage and range is so small from both weapons that I'd rather have the versatility of target selection, and have the chance to Stomp. I did deploy Anchors plenty while playtesting and competing with this list, but not in this particular situation, with 5-6 FMCs with T5-6 and either 3+ Armor or 2++ Invulns, potentially rerolling 1s.

Frederick
Shas

Post#13 » Jan 23 2017 09:36

What model are you using to proxy the sisters?

Plainshow
Shas

Post#14 » Jan 23 2017 10:23

Frederick wrote:What model are you using to proxy the sisters?
I went with these models from Puppetswar. I felt they were very "alieny" without being "Chaosy", but dissimilar enough from Kroot Hounds to avoid confusion. I love to use counts-as models when running allies. I like the representation of Alien Auxiliaries.
I had to rush them out in one sitting, but they were 3 color minimum. They performed wonderfully, I will not be going back to the Culexus any time soon.

Return to “Cadre Building”