2000 points, fun, fluff army

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Algin
Shas

2000 points, fun, fluff army

Post#1 » Jan 11 2017 08:41

Hello guys, I'm trying to compile a list that would be fun, with nice looking models, that I'll mostly use for in-store casual plays. I'm not looking for min/max tournament meta list :)

Another edit... as advised, I got rid of hunter cadre

a)HQ: Commander (178 points):
- puretide engram
-XV-86 Coldstar suit
- target lock

b) Elite: Riptide x3 (555 points)
- Ion Accelerator x3

c) Elite: XV8 Crisis team x3 (151 points)
- Shas'vre
- Fusion Blaster x6
-
d) Elite XV8 Crisis team x2 (94 points)
- Shas'vre
- plasma rifle x4

e) Heavy Support: Xv-88x2 (188 points)
- E.W.O x2
- 4x Missile drone
- smart missile system x2
- twin linked high yield missiles

f) Troops: Firewarriors x2 110
- 5x fire warriors each team
- 2x smart missile turret

g) Skyray gunship with SMS 115

2) Stealth optimised cadre:

a) Ghostkeel suit (140 points)
- cyclic ion raker
- fusion blaster

b) 2x3 Stealth suits (220 points)
- shas'vre x2
- Marker light + target lock
-fusion blaster x2

3) Drone net formation (224 points)

a) 4x marker drones
b) 4x marker drones
c) 4x marker drones
d) 4x gun drones

Total: 1992 points
Last edited by Algin on Jan 11 2017 01:56, edited 7 times in total.

Ricordis
Shas'La

Re: 2000 points, fun, fluff army

Post#2 » Jan 11 2017 12:02

Also a question - because I can't understand if it just one miniature in unit needs E.W.O for the whole unit intercept rule, or I need it on each mini from the team.

Per model.

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 11 2017 12:07

e) Heavy Support: Xv-88x2 (197 points)
- E.W.O x2
- 4x Missile drone
- target lock x1

Too many support systems, and sums to 193: 2*65+4*12+15.

Algin
Shas

Post#4 » Jan 11 2017 12:13

Unicornsilovethem wrote:
e) Heavy Support: Xv-88x2 (197 points)
- E.W.O x2
- 4x Missile drone
- target lock x1

Too many support systems, and sums to 193: 2*65+4*12+15.

My mistake, I don't know why, but I counted the drones as 13 points each, not 12 :D And thanks for that correction. Will update the post.

Overheal
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Jan 11 2017 12:57

Why take the Coldstar and a Drone Controller? If the commander isn't taking drones himself, this limits his movement or it invalidates the need for the controller. Just feels like an odd choice.

Algin
Shas

Post#6 » Jan 11 2017 01:00

Overheal wrote:Why take the Coldstar and a Drone Controller? If the commander isn't taking drones himself, this limits his movement or it invalidates the need for the controller. Just feels like an odd choice.

Was thinking to assign him temporarily to the gun drone squad from drone net... for that +1 skill. But if it's bad idea, then I'll get rid of that controller - see, that's what happens, when you build army list without real experience, only from codices :)

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jan 11 2017 01:04

I think you have way too much Interceptor. Not every enemy unit will arrive from Reserves, and not all of them will be a priority target when they do arrive. It's usually enough to put them on your heavy artillery (Broadsides, Stormsurge). That way you should free up enough points to let your Crisis suits come with two guns each.

Algin
Shas

Post#8 » Jan 11 2017 01:13

Unicornsilovethem wrote:I think you have way too much Interceptor. Not every enemy unit will arrive from Reserves, and not all of them will be a priority target when they do arrive. It's usually enough to put them on your heavy artillery (Broadsides, Stormsurge). That way you should free up enough points to let your Crisis suits come with two guns each.

Yeah, got rid of E.W.Os apart the Broadsides and now can field dual fusion blasters. Thinking of ditching hunter cadre, pathfinders and 3rd fire team. That should let me field 3 x dual plasma XV 88s and more powerful two fire wariior teams. Would that be a good idea? I'm not that convinced that additional run or flat out at shooting phase for unit in 12" from cmdr is that great.

Overheal
Shas'Saal

Post#9 » Jan 11 2017 01:17

So many ML's but where are the Seeker missiles? You need a skyray, or Piranhas. Piranhas are great distractions. Especially if they pack Seekers because its incredibly easy to flank a tank on the outside and get the side/rear facing shots off.

Algin
Shas

Post#10 » Jan 11 2017 01:34

Overheal wrote:So many ML's but where are the Seeker missiles? You need a skyray, or Piranhas. Piranhas are great distractions. Especially if they pack Seekers because its incredibly easy to flank a tank on the outside and get the side/rear facing shots off.

Okay, I'll get rid of that hunter cadre, get rid of pathfinders and 3rd firewarriors team - get skyray gunship instead.Also changed the turrets on firewarriors for smart missiles.

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#11 » Jan 12 2017 03:01

You have a team of 3 suits with double fusion, and also an OSC upgraded with both markerlights and fusion. I think the Stealth teams should drop their upgrades altogether. With 12 marker drones in the Drone net, you are fairly well set as far as markerlights go. And due to the OSC special rules, Stealth suits don't need fusion to hurt big vehicles. Burst cannon is plenty fine for that purpose. Same deal with the Ghostkeel.

So back to the Crisis suits. You only really need fusion now if the vehicles you're facing don't have weak Rear Armor. There aren't many vehicles like that and you should probably be fine with just 2 suits with fusion. It lets you add an extra Plasma suit. The points you get back from the Stealth suits, spend them on Target Locks for the Riptides.

Return to “Cadre Building”