ITC 1850 for the Las Vegas Open Please give C&C.

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

ITC 1850 for the Las Vegas Open Please give C&C.

Post#1 » Jan 17 2017 10:54

So after along time I have finally made the commitment to try an ITC Tournament. And the one closest to me is the biggest. So I would love C&C.
The main idea is to put my two surges on the SSLP so they now have an invulnerable save as well as my devilish. That risk there should make it where no Droppods can land on it. Tetras will help with marker support and bringing in suits for support. The SOS are here for the psychics in the game. They can also put down some good close combat. Let me know what you think. Also thanks in advance for the help. I won't be getting in a lot more practice before the event so your hemp will be huge.
LVO (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2017)
++ Combined Arms Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2006) (714pts) ++
········Farsight Enclaves

+ HQ (160pts) +

········Commander (160pts)
········Rules: Independent Character, Supporting Fire, Very Bulky
············XV8 Commander Crisis Suit (75pts) [Blacksun Filter, Multi-Tracker, 2x Plasma Rifle (30pts), Puretide Engram Neurochip (15pts), Vectored Retro-Thrusters (5pts), XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit (25pts)]

+ Troops (293pts) +

········XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (38pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual (1pts)]
········Rules: Bonding Knife Ritual, Supporting Fire, Very Bulky
············Crisis Shas'ui (37pts) [2x Flamer (10pts), Vectored Retro-Thrusters (5pts)]

········XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (58pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual (1pts)]
············Crisis Shas'ui (57pts) [2x Fusion Blaster (30pts), Vectored Retro-Thrusters (5pts)]

········XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (106pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual (2pts)]
············Crisis Shas'ui (52pts) [2x Plasma Rifle (30pts)]

········XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (58pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual (1pts)]
············Crisis Shas'ui (57pts) [2x Cyclic Ion Blaster (30pts), Vectored Retro-Thrusters (5pts)]

········XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (33pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual (1pts)]
············Crisis Shas'ui (32pts) [2x Flamer (10pts)]

+ Fast Attack (70pts) +

········Tetra Scout Speeder Team [FW] (35pts)
············Tetra (35pts) [High Intensity Markerlight, Homing Beacon, Twin-linked Pulse Rifles]

········Tetra Scout Speeder Team [FW] (35pts)
············Tetra (35pts) [High Intensity Markerlight, Homing Beacon, Twin-linked Pulse Rifles]

+ Heavy Support (116pts) +

········TX78 Sky Ray Gunships (116pts)
········Rules: Fire Team
············TX78 Sky Ray Gunship (116pts) [Blacksun Filter (1pts), 2x Networked Markerlight, 6x Seeker Missile, Twin-linked Smart Missile System, Velocity Tracker]

+ Fortification (75pts) +

········Skyshield Landing Pad (75pts)

++ Formation Detachment (Sisters of Silence: Dataslate (2016) v2001) (235pts) ++

+ Formation (235pts) +

········Formation: Null-Maiden Task Force (235pts)
········Rules: Warp Siphon
············Sisters of Silence Squad (75pts)
············Rules: Bane of Psykers, Fear, Fearless, Psychic Abomination
················Sister of Silence (15pts) [Boltgun, Close Combat Weapon, Psyk-out Grenades]
················Rules: Psi-shock
················Sister of Silence (15pts) [Boltgun, Close Combat Weapon, Psyk-out Grenades]
················Sister of Silence (15pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Executioner Greatblade, Psyk-out Grenades]
················Rules: Psi-shock, Two-Handed
············Sisters of Silence Squad (75pts)
················Sister of Silence (15pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Executioner Greatblade, Psyk-out Grenades]
················Rules: Psi-shock, Two-Handed
············Sisters of Silence Squad (85pts)
················Sister of Silence (17pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Flamer (2pts), Psyk-out Grenades]
················Sister of Silence (17pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Flamer (2pts), Psyk-out Grenades]
········Profiles:
················Sister of Silence: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:4|BS:4|S:3|T:3|W:1|I:5|A:2|Ld:10|Save:3+|Burning of Prospero: Datasheet
················Assault Grenades: Range:8"|Strength:3|AP:-|Type:Assault 1, Blast , Psi-shock|BRB
················Boltgun: Range:24|Strength:4|AP:5|Type:Rapid Fire|BRB
················Close Combat Weapon: Range:-|Strength:User|AP:-|Type:Melee|BRB
················Executioner Greatblade: Range:-|Strength:+1|AP:2|Type:Melee, Two-Handed|Burning of Prospero: Datasheet
················Flamer: Range:Template|Strength:4|AP:5|Type:Assault 1|BRB

++ Formation Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2006) (901pts) ++

+ Uncategorised +

+ Formation (901pts) +

········Heavy Retribution Cadre (901pts)
········Rules: Monsoon of Destruction, Optimum Fire Position
············KV128 Stormsurges (360pts)
················KV128 Stormsurge (360pts) [Cluster Rocket System, 4x Destroyer Missile, Pulse Blastcannon, Twin-linked Flamer, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
················Rules: Fear, Fearless, Feel No Pain, Gargantuan Creature, Hammer of Wrath, Relentless, Smash, Stabilising Anchors, Strikedown
············KV128 Stormsurges (375pts)
················KV128 Stormsurge (375pts) [Cluster Rocket System, 4x Destroyer Missile, Pulse Driver Cannon (15pts), Twin-linked Flamer, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
················Rules: Fear, Fearless, Feel No Pain, Gargantuan Creature, Hammer of Wrath, Relentless, Smash, Stabilising Anchors, Strikedown
············XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits (166pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual (1pts)]
············Rules: Bonding Knife Ritual
················Ghostkeel Shas'vre (165pts) [Cyclic Ion Raker, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone, Stimulant Injector (35pts), Twin-linked Flamer]
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

materpillar
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: ITC 1850 for the Las Vegas Open Please give C&C.

Post#2 » Jan 17 2017 11:52

I'm not super familiar with ITC rules, but I thought you were limited to one Lord of War (or in the stormsurge's case one squad of LoW). So I think your list is illegal. Might want to double check that.

At a glance. Not sure why all your Monat suits have VRT. If they're getting charged they're gonna die and they don't benifit much from fleet.

Your stormsurges should really have EWO.

Fairly certain you don't have nearly enough markerlight support for your stormsurges either. Say for example if someone gets first turn and destroys both your tetras and kills your ghostkeel I'm pretty sure you just lose.
----- Akul Contingent -----
Engagement Results 54-18-8

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Jan 18 2017 03:38

ITC has an exception specifically for Stormsurges, but it only lets us take 1 unit of Stormsurges containing more than 1 model. We still cannot take 2 units, so Heavy Retribution Cadre is banned.

Two tetras is not enough markerlights for even a single stormsurge imo.

Chris in the socal
Shas'Ui
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Jan 18 2017 12:02

Thanks guys looks like, it is back to the drawing board. The main reason I did only 2 tetras is because that's all I have. I could see the lack of marker support would be an issue but was hoping the sher overweight of fire could compensate.
TAU Record 9-2-4

Is That A Sunfish? (Coming Soon)

Plainshow
Shas

Post#5 » Jan 18 2017 12:30

Good luck at the LVO! If you need to scrape some points for tweaks, you might dial back the number of Sister to 10. I have been playtesting the Null Maiden Task Force for an upcoming GT, and I found two min squads to be the sweet spot. More than that tended to get problematic for 'One Eye Open' checks. That was a dealbreaker for most of my more critical units (Stormsurge, Y'vahra), I can't risk the chance to fail. Two squads still gives me great great coverage and flexibility, in terms of board control and counter assault potential. Keep that in mind if you need to shuffle some points.

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Jan 18 2017 12:42

Chris in the socal wrote:Thanks guys looks like, it is back to the drawing board. The main reason I did only 2 tetras is because that's all I have. I could see the lack of marker support would be an issue but was hoping the sher overweight of fire could compensate.

You can always depend on sheer weight of firepower and not take any markerlight support. But you definitely want markerlights when taking Stormsurges, due to the Destroyer missiles. Since you only have 4 you don't want to waste them, so you should spend at least 1 ML, preferably 2, on upping your BS when shooting them. Then each missile requires a ML just to get it to strength D. Two tetras can produce maximum 4 MLs in a turn (average 3), which is really only good for shooting one or two missiles. When it's the opponent's turn and you have 2 missiles left, you can be damn sure he'll make sure that your tetras die a quick death. And that's why you need more markerlights when fielding a Stormsurge.

In my own experience, I fielded a single Stormsurge with 3 tetras in a 1750 game. I felt that wasn't even enough, and didn't even spend markerlights on any of my other units.

Bolter&Rail
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Jan 18 2017 03:59

Ya if you want to run 2 stormsurges than I would advise on a drone net formation. The improved BS, survivability (jink), and intercept makes the stormsurges a much more dangerous threat to your opponent. Maybe thin down the maidens, and the skyray or ghostkeel (even though I love both of them) to make room for some markerdrones. I do like the tretras and monat crisis for objective grabbing since ITC needs the mobility, but if you are going to camp half your army in the backfield in the form of 2 stormsurges you need to make sure their shooting is spot-on because they are your real damage output.
Also consider the pulse driver on both storms if you arent going mobile with them and are just shooting from range...

Return to “Cadre Building”