Stealth Assault Cadre - 1850pts

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Panzer
Shas'La

Re: Stealth Assault Cadre - 1850pts

Post#11 » Feb 09 2017 02:17

neonmole wrote:
nic wrote:I really like the concept. How do you plan to initially deploy the Shadowsun model and Crisis team given that the Infiltrate rule appears to block all ways of deploying them together?

Shadowsun can deploy with a Stealth team and jump over to the Crisis suits in your first movement phase but that would leave you with one non-stealthy unit on the table. Or are you planning to deep-strike the XV8 team in?

Thanks for the comment. I was unsure if she confers infiltrate to the unit... there seems to be some disagreement on that. Is the general consensus that she cannot? If so I'm cool with that. Can she not just elect to not infiltrate and deploy with the XV8s?

No need for a general consensus. The errata straight out said that ICs with Infiltrate can't join units without Infiltrate during deployment and vice versa. That applies no matter whether they actually infiltrate or not.

neonmole
Shas'La

Post#12 » Feb 11 2017 06:18

Wow... So she can't join the crisis team during deployment even if she isn't infiltrating?

That doesn't seem right.. (I am not questioning the ruling, it just doesn't seem to make much sense).

How frustrating.
Scissors is balanced, nerf Paper. - Rock

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#13 » Feb 11 2017 06:23

It really doesn't make much sense. Especially because the BRB initially said that the Infiltrator USR confers to the rest of the unit just like Scout.....and then GW released such a ridiculous Errata. >_>

But if you think that's annoying for us....just think about the Genestealer Cult. All their characters have Infiltrate but only one of their unit has Infiltrate as well outside of their big formation.

Return to “Cadre Building”