[1850] FSE CAD+ Ret Cadre+ Drone Net

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Pogman
Shas'Saal

[1850] FSE CAD+ Ret Cadre+ Drone Net

Post#1 » Feb 09 2017 12:54

After working and reworking my list I think I've tweaked it to something I'm happy with. C+C welcome.

The idea is that Shadowsun joins the CIB suits and gets into position turn 1, maybe take a pot shot if they can. The strike squad sets up backfield on an objective (if possible) and same will the missile suit (though I was considering giving him two flamers and putting him into reserves as well, thoughts on that would be appreciated). Drones also get into position turn 1 and hide out. Turn 2 everything else comes down. Commander joins the plasma squad and tanks for them. They've all got target locks so they can fire at a different target from the drones.

+++ Dawnblade (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2019) (1849pts) +++

++ Tau Dawn Blade Contingent (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2008) (1367pts) ++

+ Uncategorised +

········Farsight Enclaves

+ Core (1087pts) +

········Retaliation Cadre (1087pts)
············Commander
················XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Neuroweb System Jammer, 2x Plasma Rifle, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Stimulant Injector, Target Lock, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit]

············XV104 Riptide Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
················Riptide Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Ion Accelerator, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

············XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual, 6x MV1 Gun Drone]
················Crisis Shas'ui [2x Plasma Rifle, Target Lock]
················Crisis Shas'vre [Command and Control Node, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Vectored Retro-Thrusters]

············XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
················Crisis Shas'ui [2x Fusion Blaster]

············XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
················Crisis Shas'ui [2x Fusion Blaster]

············XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual, 3x MV8 Missile Drone]
················Broadside [Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
················Broadside [Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
················Broadside Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

+ Auxiliary (280pts) +

········Drone-Net VX1-0 (280pts)
············Drones [5x MV7 Marker Drone]

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2008) (482pts) ++

+ Uncategorised +

········Farsight Enclaves

+ HQ (195pts) +

········Commander Shadowsun (195pts) [2x MV52 Shield Drone, MV62 Command-link Drone]

+ Troops (287pts) +

········Strike Team (70pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual, 6x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]
············DS8 Tactical Support Turret [Missile Pod]

········XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (164pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual]
············Crisis Shas'ui [2x Cyclic Ion Blaster, Vectored Retro-Thrusters]
············Crisis Shas'ui [2x Cyclic Ion Blaster]
············Crisis Shas'ui [2x Cyclic Ion Blaster]

········XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (53pts) [Bonding Knife Ritual]
············Crisis Shas'ui [2x Missile Pod]

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Re: [1850] FSE CAD+ Ret Cadre+ Drone Net

Post#2 » Feb 09 2017 04:00

As we have discussed on one of the other list building threads Shadowsun has been hit hard by the FAQ and cannot deploy with anything that does not itself have the Infiltrate rule. So other than allowing for certain formations she can only deploy with Stealth Teams or Kroot.

It is a shame as we will see very little of Shadowsun on the tabletop but it is what it is.

Pogman
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 09 2017 04:04

Yeah... I'm aware of as much. The idea there would be to just run them on the board using her warlord trait to get up in it faster. Also boosts the survival of the suits with her stealth and shroud. I could of course put them into reserves and deep strike when that comes up.

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 10 2017 02:49

I think that according to the FAQ even if Shadowsun doesn't infiltrate she can't deploy with the XV8s. Your list looks like it would be good once everybody arrives but I have doubts about whether Shadowsun, 2 XV8s and 6 fire warriors will be able to survive any knid of alpha strike

Pogman
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Feb 10 2017 12:12

Well, the drone net would be on the field as well. But yeah, alpha strikes would really suck. I'm just going to have to park them behind LoS blocking terrain.

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Feb 10 2017 03:58

It might be a good idea to change the missile turret from a missile pod to a SMS then so you can hide out of LOS and still fire potshots at the enemy.

Pogman
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Feb 10 2017 04:16

Oooh, clever. I can dig it.

Return to “Cadre Building”