Competitive Doubles Tournament - 900pts

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Pilchard
Shas

Competitive Doubles Tournament - 900pts

Post#1 » Feb 12 2017 06:20

Theres a doubles tournament at warhammer world in April, 900pts each, no limitations except been bound, maelstrom missions. Heres what me and a friend have come up with. Hes playing white scars.

Tau - Riptide Wing

Riptide - Burst - SMS - EWO - Stims - 220pts

240pts left? Take a CAD but suffer from hq, troops tax?

White Scars CAD

Khan - Moondraken - 150pts

Techmarine - Bike - Hunters Eye - 105pts

Command Squad - 4x Vet Bikers - 4x Grav Gun - 2x Powerfist, 1x Apoc Biker - 250pts

3x Space Marine Bikes - 2x Grav Gun - Melta Bombs - 98pts

Other option is no melta bombs and upgrade techmarine to a level 2 lib.

897pts

Really struggling on what to take extra in my half of the list. I was going to run a heavy retribution cadre but without shields and light support i don't think it would perform that well and i thought a wing would be more durable/better use of points.

I don't have access to fw due to waiting for new IA book.

Any help would be great thanks.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Re: Competitive Doubles Tournament - 900pts

Post#2 » Feb 13 2017 04:43

I think I'd go easily with a Drone-Net with 4x4 Markerlight Drones together with the Riptide Wing. Ignore Cover makes them so much better and especially with the Burst version you'll want BS5 or better on them....even though I'd always recommend the Ion version over the Burst version. ;)

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 13 2017 06:55

Yeah a drone net fits nicely, at 224 points. Lets you upgrade to Ion guns too. Maybe not go 100% markerlights on the drones, since you are only boosting three models and have no seeker missiles or D missiles.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Feb 13 2017 07:57

Unicornsilovethem wrote:Yeah a drone net fits nicely, at 224 points. Lets you upgrade to Ion guns too. Maybe not go 100% markerlights on the drones, since you are only boosting three models and have no seeker missiles or D missiles.

It's more about redundancy there.
Gun Drones alone don't do much either. They'd need Markerlight support and numbers to make a difference. So you rather want some more Markerlight Drones the enemy has to kill to get rid of the Ignores Cover on your Riptides. ;)

Pilchard
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 14 2017 07:10

If i had another riptide id play four in the wing and go with that. Got some testing to do with the drone net but i think it might be abit overkill.

I know its a tau forum but i could take a farseer/warlock and 2-3 squads of 3 scatbikes which would really help with the firepower and add even more obj secured.

Return to “Cadre Building”