Tips on anti-armour list?

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Panzer
Shas'La

Re: Tips on anti-armour list?

Post#11 » Feb 14 2017 03:47

The cost isn't the problem. Usually it's the slot it requires since normally there is a better choice to take. ;)

nic
Kroot'La

Post#12 » Feb 14 2017 05:10

Panzer wrote:The cost isn't the problem. Usually it's the slot it requires since normally there is a better choice to take. ;)

Just so nobody takes that too seriously; Signature Systems only take a slot on a Shas'Vre not on a Commander or Bodyguard :D

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#13 » Feb 14 2017 05:22

Yeah of course. I tend to forget that Sig Systems on a Commander don't take slots since I use Coldstars in casual games lately. My bad. :D

SeengingPeipes
Shas'Saal

Post#14 » Feb 17 2017 11:24

Panzer wrote:NSJ is usually not worth it. You'll have to be pretty close and even if the Punisher rolls an average amount of 1s he'd still survive and wipe out that Crisis Squad.

I agree with the above that CIB or Missile Pods instead of Plasma Rifles are the better choice against Astra Militarum. I just didn't want to overwhelm you with a whole list change and many people usually want to stick with their Crisis loadout I learned. :D
Burst Cannons though are pretty meh on Crisis. You get S5 AP5 dakka from other sources already. Firewarrior have almost twice the range even. Consider Missile Pods or Cyclic Ion Blaster instead. Those ignore carapace armor if he takes it and they can pretty reliably glance his chimera to death. That would be your dedicated anti-infantry which can pull double duty against tanks if they happen to see the side/rear armor.

Good call on the DS8 SMS. Definitely the better choice over EMP grenades! To be honest SMS are so good, many people consider them cheese even (they really aren't compared to other stuff but they are still pretty strong against infantry).

Hunter Contingent != Hunter Cadre. You can build a decent Hunter Contingent at 1000p with a Hunter Cadre as Core choice and a Drone-Net (only one unit of 4 Drones) as Auxiliary choice. It gives you the ability to nominate 3+ units to shoot at the same target and all of them get +1BS and share markerlights that way. :)
Just imagine 12 BS4 SMS shots from your Firewarrior units from a position where the enemy can't even see them (if you had 3 DS8 turrets). :D

If you need points for something scratch the Shield Drones on the Crisis Squads. They are by far our worst Drone choice and I only really can see a use for them on a Fusion Blade Commander (he has some issue with not having enough slots for all the nice stuff :P)

For the points investment i cant think of a reason NOT to take NSJ in this list, if only to try and dissuade him from turning me into swiss cheese :p

I'll deffo consider replacing the burst with missile pods, i was tempted but for the points difference i opted for a pathfinder instead.
I'm not opposed to drastically altering a list :P i tend to be rather stuck in my ways until someone points out something that can be improved.

I'd love CIB'S but we play WYSIWYG and i only have the one from my commander box.

I've only just started using a hunter cadre rather than a CAD as i only just got enough models again to run one! :p I'll get to a contingent eventually. I was thinking a drone net of marker drones.

See, loads of people say that about shield drones but i love them! they're a staple in my lists, have been for ages.

nic wrote:The NSJ is potentially hilarious against a Leman Russ with Punisher cannon and heavy bolters - but if he has Preferred Enemy the re-roll on 1's rather spoils the fun. If you need to get in close with Fusion Blasters and happen to have the 2 points spare then there is almost no reason not to take it - it is unlikely to do anything but it hardly cost anything either.

If you take out Pask on the drop then the NSJ can really do work on the rest of the Leman Russ unit. If for some bizarre reason Pask is not the Warlord then the same applies - the NSJ will easily pay for itself without Preferred Enemy getting in the way.

Yeah.. my tactic is going to be to hit pask as hard and as quickly as possible to try and insta-wreck him and let NSJ do the rest, if not... i have Onager :L and maybe i'll have luck on my side next time.

Funnily enough he took the lord commissar as warlord, so pask didn't have preferred enemy. and this commissar never managed to make it onto the board
Hot Fuzz ruined it. "Fer tha grea'er good" :P

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#15 » Feb 18 2017 01:00

Again i'm not saying you shouldn't take it. Far from it. Never said so.

I'm just adding the note that it's not potent enough to build any form of strategy around it. It's a gimmick. It does something. It's not enough to influence your decisions while playing the game by a large amount if at all. It's a free "Hey maybe every once in a while you lose a hullpoint and can't shoot" but not a "I take this and counter your tank units" item.

Is it worth the 2p? Definitely.
Will it be game changing? Only with a lot of luck...like Firewarrior killing a unit of Terminators in overwatch without Markerlight support kind of luck.

SeengingPeipes
Shas'Saal

Post#16 » Feb 23 2017 04:41

My refined list worked well!

Thanks for all the advice guys, i appreciate it
Hot Fuzz ruined it. "Fer tha grea'er good" :P

Return to “Cadre Building”