1850pts Tourney list advice.

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Gore-Father
Shas

1850pts Tourney list advice.

Post#1 » Feb 14 2017 07:20

Hey guys.

I got a 1850pts tournament coming up in a few months which is ETC based, with the following restrictions. You can only take 1 primary detachment and 1 optional secondary detachment/formation. No GMC's over 450pts.

Could i have some feedback on my list please, all comments welcome. i will explain briefly on what my tactic and objective goals at end of my list.

Tau 1847pts

FSE CAD: 927pts

HQ:
Commander: 2x flamers 95

Troops:
1 x Crisis suit Dual fusion bonding 53
1 x Crisis suit Dual fusion bonding 53
1 x Crisis suit twin linked missile pod bonding 43
1 x Crisis suit twin linked missile pod bonding 43

Fast:
2 x Tetra 70
2 x Tetra 70
2 x Tetra 70

Lord Of War
Stormsurge: EWO, DriverCannon, Shield Gen. (430)

Formation Riptide wing 920pts

Squad 1 (Riptide Ion/sms TL 190, Riptide Ion/sms 185)
Squad 2 (Riptide burst/sms TL 185 Riptide burst/sms 180)
Squad 3 (Riptide burst/fusion 180)

So the idea is to 1st or 2nd turn alpha strike using (9 average) markerlights from the tetras to buff the stormsurge destroyer missiles, and hailfire the 5 riptides early on, from then on give up ground with the riptide/stormsurge and stay out of assault for as long as possible while earning any achievable objectives with any remaining monat suits, tetras and commander (commander will be hiding most of the time and probably attached to a monat suit for an extra wound) or if possible tabling opponant.

So what do you think, i was thinking of running a 2 stormsurge squad and dropping a few riptides. would love to take drone net instead but with only 2 detachment formations its just not possible without dawnblade, and i don't wanna play the troops/fast/heavy, tax.

Panzer
Shas'La

Re: 1850pts Tourney list advice.

Post#2 » Feb 15 2017 02:30

Looks like any generic Tau tournament list just with Tetras instead of a Drone-Net or Mark'O. It obviously works well or people wouldn't play that kind of list and there is not much room to change things so not much to say here except that Riptides with Ion and EWO are like a million times better than Burst without EWO. :roll:

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 15 2017 05:05

Since you have 3pt to spare, put Precision Shots on the Stormsurge. Not sure why you put the flamers on the Commander instead of a regular suit, he's the only one with BS5 yet flamers do not rely on BS.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#4 » Feb 15 2017 07:58

Unicornsilovethem wrote:Not sure why you put the flamers on the Commander instead of a regular suit, he's the only one with BS5 yet flamers do not rely on BS.

I figure it's just a tax HQ. But yeah even then he would make more sense with MPs or FBs and one of the Troop Crisis with the Flamer instead.

Gore-Father
Shas

Post#5 » Feb 16 2017 02:46

Thanks for the advise, yea the HQ was just tax but now that you mention it it does make so much more sense to maybe drop a squad of tetras and bring a squad of marker drones and putting him in that, that way he aint a tax no more. i will also put advance targeting EWO on as much stuff as possible.

Return to “Cadre Building”