Vior'la cadre 1500 ( just over)

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Wooday218
Shas'Saal

Vior'la cadre 1500 ( just over)

Post#1 » Feb 16 2017 08:19

So ... I've been working on a few lists and I think I've got a good one I'd like to share.

The concept here is to sit a ethreal led gun line on objective and rapid fire Pulse weaponry at anyone silly enough to come at half range ( ethreal power) extra shot goodness.

The Firebase Support Cadre will do what they do best kept safer by the kroot Shield I have and Drone nets will ensure nothing is safe from the greater good :evil:

Vior'la com arms(1504pts)
Formation Detachment
Drone-Net VX1-0 (280pts)
Collective Targeting Data, Enhanced Tactical Responses, Interceptor, Jink, Outflank, Precision Shots, Split Fire
Drones (70pts)
5x MV7 Marker Drone (70pts)
Supporting Fire
Drones (70pts)
Supporting Fire
Drones (70pts)
Supporting Fire
Drones (70pts)
Supporting Fire

Firebase Support Cadre (421pts)
Coordinated Firestorm

XV104 Riptide Battlesuits (275pts)
2x MV84 Shielded Missile Drone (50pts)
Fire Team, Supporting Fire
Riptide Shas'vre (225pts)
Early Warning Override (5pts), Ion Accelerator (5pts), Stimulant Injector (35pts), Twin-linked Plasma Rifle
XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (73pts)
Extremely Bulky, Supporting Fire

Broadside (73pts)
Seeker Missile (8pts), Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System
XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (73pts)

Broadside (73pts)
Seeker Missile (8pts), Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System

Hunter Cadre (545pts)
Ambushes and Feints, Unbreakable Bonds of Comradeship

Commander (153pts)
Independent Character, Supporting Fire, Very Bulky
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit (68pts)
Counterfire Defence System (5pts), Drone Controller (8pts), Fusion Blaster (15pts), Plasma Rifle (15pts), XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit (25pts)
Night Vision

Elite (52pts)
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (52pts)
Supporting Fire, Very Bulky
Crisis Shas'ui (52pts)
Fusion Blaster (15pts), Plasma Rifle (15pts)

Fast Attack (44pts)
Pathfinder Team (44pts)
4x Pathfinder (44pts)
Scout, Supporting Fire

Heavy Support (134pts)
TX7 Hammerhead Gunship (134pts)
2x MV1 Gun Drone, Blacksun Filter (1pts), Railgun, Seeker Missile (8pts)
Supporting Fire

Troops (162pts)
Strike Team (54pts)
6x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle (54pts)
Supporting Fire

Strike Team (54pts)
Supporting Fire

Strike Team (54pts)
Supporting Fire

Taken from normal forces organisation chart-

HQ (50pts)
Ethereal (50pts)
Failure is Not An Option, Independent Character, Invocation of the Elements, Stubborn

Troops (114pts)
Kroot Carnivores (60pts)
10x Kroot (60pts)
Infiltrate, Move Through Cover,

Strike Team (54pts)
Supporting Fire

Heavy Support (94pts)
XV88 Broadside Battlesuit(94pts)
2x MV8 Missile Drone (24pts)
Broadside (70pts)
Twin-linked Heavy Rail Rifle, Twin-linked Plasma Rifle (5pts)

Any thoughts let me know , would love to hear some feedback as this is a new army I've put together and I have all the models just need to build some from boxes!

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Re: Vior'la cadre 1500 ( just over)

Post#2 » Feb 24 2017 03:21

Are the formations going to be together in a dawn blade contingent? That has no disadvantages and gives you killing blow, which is very useful for the broadsides / your gunline.
An alternate take would be to have the hunter cadre + an additionnal unit of drones make a hunter contingent as the coordinated firepower benefit would be a massive boost to the fire warriors.

On another note I would recommend dropping the pathfinders for a piranha (if you have one), dropping the shielded missile drone to free up points for the drone network, and possibly the drones on your heavy support broadside as well (they make it far too vulnerable to a failed leadership test when 1 of your drones dies).

Mirth
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: Vior'la cadre 1500 ( just over)

Post#3 » Feb 24 2017 06:38

Hello Wooday! Nice little list you've got there- I just have a couple little things for you to think about. :)

1. This one's technical- please remove the individual point costs for models/wargear options, as we aren't allowed to post them due to GW intellectual copyright. :) No worries, I myself like to look at a list when all the things are easily visible, but we don't want to get the site in trouble. ;) You can keep the points totals for units, though. :)

2. Personally, I would consider pulling the Shielded Missile Drones from the Riptide- I've had a Riptide lose a drone or two, fail a moral check, and flee the table on Turn 1. Not fun, and definitely really bad for the game overall, but that's just a personal preference. However, since the shielded missile drones are fairly expensive you could consider adding another Ethereal to further bolster your gun line awesomeness, or allow it to be stretched out.

3. You could take Longstrike for your gunship- BS5 gunship means it doesn't have to worry about marker support, allowing your markerlights to help other units in need.

4. Depending on what your commander's role is, either the Mark'O loadout (2x missile pods, drone controller, target lock) with the marker drones, or a commander with iridium, stimms, shield generator, and two Cyclic Ion blasters are definite possibilities. The CIBs loadout gives you a nice tanky commander that puts out a lot of shots per turn, hitting on BS5 and wounding most things on 2+, while the Mark'O is by far the best way to run a commander with Markerlight Drones. :) At the moment it feels like the Commander is trying to be a jack of all trades, which, while good in its own way, doesn't capitalize on his strengths, unfortunately.

That's all for the moment- hope it helps! :)
When we forget we are soldiers, we stop fighting.

Return to “Cadre Building”