Anti Chaos (Nurgle) List

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
SeengingPeipes
Shas'Saal

Anti Chaos (Nurgle) List

Post#1 » Feb 23 2017 04:22

Hi all, back again!.

I recently got my ass thoroughly kicked by an army consisting of
1x defiler
3x plague bikers
2 squads of plague marines with rhino and plasma /meltas
chaos lord

His battle cannon template was squashing my fire warriors like nothing and my crisis were locked in a shootout with his marines.
the defiler just would not die! not until my reserves came in (suicide fusion suit) and knocked it straight out

I have rolled up a new list with less systems and shield drones as i tend to overspend on them..
And added more markers.

I'd appreciate any suggestions
my previous list had 2/3 the infantry and 1/2 the suits.

Commander will be joining the markers and the fireblade will bolster one of my FW squads.
I tend to run a redcoat gunline with crisis for guerrilla tactics.
The fusion suits will be deep striking on any armour

Hunter Cadre (999pt.)

Commander (135pt.)
Crisis battlesuit; Missile pod(x2); Drone controller; Marker Drone;

Cadre Fireblade (60pt.)
Pulse rifle; Photon grenades; Markerlight;

10x Strike Team (90pt.)
§ 10x Fire Warrior (9pt.); Photon grenades; Pulse rifle;

10x Strike Team (90pt.)

10x Strike Team (90pt.)

4x XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (236pt.)
Bonding knife ritual;
§ 1x Shas'ui (76pt.); Crisis battlesuit; Plasma rifle(x2); Shield Drone(x2);
§ 1x Shas'ui (52pt.); Crisis battlesuit; Plasma rifle(x2);

2x XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (104pt.)
§ 1x Shas'ui (52pt.); Crisis battlesuit; Fusion blaster(x2);

5x Pathfinder Team (65pt.)
§ 4x Pathfinder (11pt.); Photon grenades; Pulse carbine; Markerlight;
§ 1x Pathfinder (21pt.); Photon grenades; Ion rifle;

4x Drones (56pt.)
MV7 Marker Drone(x4);

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (73pt.)
§ 1x Broadside Shas'ui (73pt.); Broadside battlesuit; Twin-linked high-yield missile pod; Twin-linked smart missile system; Seeker missile;
Hot Fuzz ruined it. "Fer tha grea'er good" :P

Unicornsilovethem
Shas'Saal

Re: Anti Chaos (Nurgle) List

Post#2 » Feb 23 2017 06:12

With the exception of the Broadside, every single model you've brought has T4 or worse and 3+ save or worse. Of course the Defiler Battle Cannon will tear you up! At S8Ap3 it ignores your armour and instakills your models. His troops and bikers have T5/T6 and 3+ saves, so your Pulse Rifles are going to need lucky rolls to do anything useful.

My suggestion is to bring literally anything else than what's currently in your list. To be a little more precise, I would probably skip the Fire Warriors completely, run a FSE CAD with several small Crisis teams that are armed only with meltas and plasma. Get something that can take some punishment; more Broadsides, or some Hammerheads, or a Ghostkeel or Riptide. Maybe even Breachers in Transports, because they can actually do stuff against Nurgle Marines (unlike Strikers) and get a nice 5+ invul which helps against the Defiler.

Raverrn
Shas'La

Post#3 » Feb 23 2017 10:12

A nice trick for surviving that Battle Cannon on a unit is putting your Commander in Iridium Armor and having him stand in the front of whatever is the most valuable of your squads. He'll take a lot of wounds, bout that 2+ save will make them trivial.

Dal'yth Shas'len'ra
Shas'Ui

Post#4 » Feb 23 2017 12:31

The fire warriors and crisis suits will all fall easily to S8 AP3, however Hammerheads will not, take an Ion Cannon, and then you ignore the armor on most of his models while still wounding his bikes and infantry on 3+ and 2+ respectively (2+ always while overcharged) plus if you can use your fire warriors to keep the melta/plasma marines away the only thing that can damage hammerheads at range is the defiler itself (did the bikes have special weapons?), and it cannot make the hammerhead explode. Another option would be piranhas to take on the infantry, the marine's standard S4 shooting can't do anything to piranha's front armor so you would get your shots in with minimal damage in return, so long as you stay out of assault range.

If you don't want to use vehicles, then sniper drones are better than fire warriors against T5 and above, because of the superior range, plus if you take an ethereal instead of a fireblade then they benefit from the storm of fire ability.

Mirth
Shas'La

Post#5 » Feb 24 2017 06:45

I agree with Raverrn- this is an excellent opportunity for a tank commander in the front of your Crisis blob. Load him with Iridium Armor and Stimms and sit him in the front of the unit of Crisis Suits between them and the Defiler. Personally I would consider giving your Crisis suits in that blob CIBs and Counterfire Defense Systems- get them nice, close, and personal, use markerlights to buff their BS, and watch them overload marines through sheer weight of firepower. The CDS is in case he decides to try locking them in combat- that many shots at BS2 is nothing to sniff at. Also, it allows that unit to engage the aforementioned defiler (as I'm pretty sure it doesn't have AV14) and bring it down with glances and weight of fire. Rhinos will evaporate, and the bikers too will be wounded on 2s.

Hope that helps!
When we forget we are soldiers, we stop fighting.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#6 » Feb 25 2017 03:44

Mirth wrote:I agree with Raverrn- this is an excellent opportunity for a tank commander in the front of your Crisis blob. Load him with Iridium Armor and Stimms and sit him in the front of the unit of Crisis Suits between them and the Defiler. Personally I would consider giving your Crisis suits in that blob CIBs and Counterfire Defense Systems- get them nice, close, and personal, use markerlights to buff their BS, and watch them overload marines through sheer weight of firepower. The CDS is in case he decides to try locking them in combat- that many shots at BS2 is nothing to sniff at. Also, it allows that unit to engage the aforementioned defiler (as I'm pretty sure it doesn't have AV14) and bring it down with glances and weight of fire. Rhinos will evaporate, and the bikers too will be wounded on 2s.

Hope that helps!

It's honestly a tight match between CIB and PR here. PR are slightly better in the 1"-12" and infinitely better in the 19"-24" range due the lack of range of the CIB. CIB are better in the 13"-18" range and are more likely to glance Rhinos to death.

The case above is against regular Death Guard marines. Against Terminators PR is easy better and against Bikes (Bikers will get wounded on 3s with CIB. They have T6) both again are similar but PR could make them to jink. However it's unlikely to kill DG Bikes with some Crisis anyway and if they survive they probably assault your Crisis next turn unless you have the terrain on your side. :P
Quite honestly, Death Guard Biker are pretty scary. Super mobile and super durable. Thank god they don't have incredible damage output as well but there comes the CSM Lord into play anyway. I'd consider comparing that unit with a Thunderwolf Cavalry unit. Either try to bind/ignore it or make them your target priority number one (at least until the Lord is gone).

If the Nurgle list is no Death Guard one...well no FnP, no Fearless and no Relentless makes things a lot easier. Then I'd go with Plasma all day every day.
S7 spam to crack the Rhinos (really, they are light vehicle and don't deserve Fusion Blaster attention ^^), Plasma against anything MEQ and you are good.
Either go with lots of small units to avoid the battle cannon or with a big unit with the tank commander. Your friend will realize soon that the Battle Cannon on a Defiler is even more overcosted than most of the rest of his codex. A S8 AP3 blast isn't THAT great against most opponents. :D

Generally it's fairly easy to build a list against Marines at 1k points. Plasma is key, S7 comes at a close second, occasionally a Crisis with double Fusion Blaster if you expect some AV13-14 tank who can put the hurt on your guys.
How it'll play out depends on the missions, the terrain and the players experience.
Tip: if you got rid of the Rhinos early on you have all the time you want to deal with the Biker as long as they aren't standing on any important objective. ;)

SeengingPeipes wrote:I have rolled up a new list with less systems and shield drones as i tend to overspend on them..
And added more markers.

Commander (135pt.)
Crisis battlesuit; Missile pod(x2); Drone controller; Marker Drone;

That's great but consider a Target Lock on your Commander still. At least later on. You usually don't want to reduce the Markerlights efficiency by already killing models from a unit you are about to wreck with Markerlight supported Dakka and that way you can threaten two targets at once. ;)

SeengingPeipes
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Mar 29 2017 09:46

Hi all, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, had a lot going on.

I have a rematch on Saturday and i've been refining my list, and acquired another broadside and a hammerhead!

Raverrn wrote:A nice trick for surviving that Battle Cannon on a unit is putting your Commander in Iridium Armor and having him stand in the front of whatever is the most valuable of your squads. He'll take a lot of wounds, bout that 2+ save will make them trivial.

I appreciate that FSE might be better but i prefer infantry and the hunter cadre buffs are perfect for how i play. Also i'm honestly not prepared to sink the money on more than 6 crisis suits or a riptide/ghostkeel atm :p. budget hobbying.

Raverrn wrote:A nice trick for surviving that Battle Cannon on a unit is putting your Commander in Iridium Armor and having him stand in the front of whatever is the most valuable of your squads. He'll take a lot of wounds, bout that 2+ save will make them trivial.

That was the plan, but now that i'm running him as a laserpointer, i added it anyway since he'll likely be high on my enemy's targeting list.

I'm expecting to face that defiler again, seeing how it tore my fw's apart last time.
Will definitely see the plague marines and at least 1 rhino.

We decided to slightly up the points this time, My revised list is as follows. i'm fairly sure this is a nice cohesive list.
Commander will join markers and support, the fusion suits are a deep striking suicide squad in case that defiler starts pancaking too many units. hell, he has a land raider that he could bring (pls no)

Hunter Cadre (1249pt.)

Commander (150pt.)
Crisis battlesuit; Missile pod(x2); Drone controller; Neuroweb System Jammer; XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit;

Cadre Fireblade (60pt.)
Pulse rifle; Photon grenades; Markerlight;

10x Strike Team (90pt.)
10x Fire Warrior (9pt.); Photon grenades; Pulse rifle;

10x Strike Team (90pt.)

10x Strike Team (90pt.)

3x XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (195pt.) Bonding knife ritual;
3x Shas'ui (64pt.); Crisis battlesuit; Plasma rifle(x2); Shield Drone;

2x XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (195pt.) Bonding knife ritual;

5x Pathfinder Team (65pt.)
§ 4x Pathfinder (11pt.); Photon grenades; Pulse carbine; Markerlight;
§ 1x Pathfinder (21pt.); Photon grenades; Ion rifle;

4x Drones (56pt.)
MV7 Marker Drone(x4);

2x XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (172pt.)
Bonding knife ritual;
2x Broadside Shas'ui (85pt.); Broadside battlesuit; Twin-linked high-yield missile pod; Twin-linked smart missile system; Seeker missile; Shield Drone;

TX7 Hammerhead Gunships (175pt.)
TX7 Hammerhead Gunship (175pt.)
Railgun with solid shot; Submunition rounds; Twin-linked Smart missile system;
1x Commander Longstrike (45pt.); XV02 Pilot Battlesuit;
Hot Fuzz ruined it. "Fer tha grea'er good" :P

Return to “Cadre Building”