Thunderstrike Theorycraft: ITC 1850pts lists

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
GuidingOlive
Shas'Saal

Thunderstrike Theorycraft: ITC 1850pts lists

Post#1 » Feb 26 2017 06:02

It comes to mind that I've created a half dozen lists all under varying titles with more or less the same goals. Therefore, I feel it necessary to create a compendium of lists that I create under the Thunderstrike name. As such periodically, I will post new lists in an attempt to attain a high level of competitive acumen. As per usual, all of the lists used will be competitive and for tournament play.

Firstly, the newest list I've created.

Thunderstrike Theory Craft I
FSE CAD

HQ
Commander [2x Marker Drones] [Command and Control Node, XV8-02 Iridium Armor, Neuroweb System Jammer, Drone Controller]

Troops
Crisis Suit [Bonding Knife Ritual]

Crisis Suit [Bonding Knife Ritual]

Fast Attack
Drones [4x Marker Drones]

XV109 Y'Vahra [Early Warning Override, Velocity Tracker]

XV109 Y'Vahra [Early Warning Override, Velocity Tracker]

Lord of War
KV128 Stormsurge [Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, Pulse Driver Cannon, Advanced Targeting System, Early Warning Override, Shield Generator]

Riptide Wing Formation

XV104 Riptide [Heavy Burst Cannon, Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, Advanced Targeting System, Early Warning Override]

XV104 Riptide [Heavy Burst Cannon, Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, Advanced Targeting System, Early Warning Override]

XV104 Riptide [Ion Accelerator, Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, Counterfire Defense System, Early Warning Override]

Null-Maiden Task Force Formation

Sisters of Silence Squad [5x Executioner Greatblades]

So with the 2nd Curse of the Wulfen book it has become all too prevalent to run multiple flying Lords of Change and/or Kyros. In addition, Magnus the Red has been very influential in some choices made.
Now the idea rests in what I'm facing as this is supposedly an all comers list. It can effectively deal with large MSU by using the Y'vahra's flamers to great effect. Additionally as soon as a psychic deathstar gets near the Sisters I can shut them down then remove droves of models. Unfortunately it can't deal with the Barkstar that has been seen running with Azrael. Simply put with no way to produce extra models or sufficient flak the Barkstar will be a hard counter here. Now let me know what you all think and I'll be continuing to update with varying lists that might just prove to be better. Thank you for your time, Have a Nice Day.

nic
Kroot'La
Kroot'La

Re: Thunderstrike Theorycraft: ITC 1850pts lists

Post#2 » Feb 27 2017 04:46

I have seen a few similar variants on the monster mash being suggested.

I do wonder about the VT on Y'Vahras as their best weapon is the flamer which will not work on flying targets whether or not you have the VT if I understand the final FAQ correctly.

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Feb 28 2017 01:55

nic wrote:I have seen a few similar variants on the monster mash being suggested.

I do wonder about the VT on Y'Vahras as their best weapon is the flamer which will not work on flying targets whether or not you have the VT if I understand the final FAQ correctly.

VT on Y'Vahras is a neat little gimmick. With its haywire gun it can wreck pretty much any flyer + has the mobility to catch them wherever. However it's not exactly easy to play without turning him into a suicide bomber/one trick pony. Something the Y'Vahra suffers enough from already to be honest.
Luckily for us giving our suits Skyfire doesn't mean they have to use Skyfire all the time so you can always chose to not use it and go infantry/tank hunting as you normally would.

GuidingOlive
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Mar 05 2017 05:54

As a follow up to the first list, I've done major reworking on some of my old lists to accommodate the changing times. And while it has considerably less flak, it is a list designed against Gladius play which I'm all too familiar with. But it now has multiple answers to problems beyond just that.

Thunderstrike Blizzard Contingent II (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2025) (1850pts)
Combined Arms Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2010)
Farsight Enclaves

HQ
Commander
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Command and Control Node, Drone Controller, Flamer, Neuroweb System Jammer, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit]

Elites
XV104 Riptide Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Riptide Shas'vre [Advanced Targeting System, Earth Caste Pilot Array, Heavy Burst Cannon, Twin-linked Smart Missile System, Velocity Tracker]

Troops
XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Crisis Shas'ui [2x Flamer]

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Crisis Shas'ui [2x Flamer]

Fast Attack
Drones [4x MV7 Marker Drone]

Tetra Scout Speeder Team [FW] [Tetra, Tetra]

Fortification
Munitorum Armoured Container Cache [2x Munitorum Armoured Container Cache]
Formation Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2010)

Optimized Stealth Cadre
XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [3x Stealth Shas’ui with Burst Cannon]
XV25 Stealth Battlesuits [3x Stealth Shas’ui with Burst Cannon]
XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuits
Ghostkeel Shas'vre [Advanced Targeting System, Cyclic Ion Raker, Early Warning Override, Twin-linked Flamer]
Ghostkeel Shas'vre [Cyclic Ion Raker, Early Warning Override, Target Lock, Twin-linked Flamer]
Ghostkeel Shas'vre [Cyclic Ion Raker, Early Warning Override, Target Lock, Twin-linked Flamer]

Formation Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2010)

Riptide Wing
XV104 Riptide Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Riptide Shas'vre [Counterfire Defence System, Early Warning Override, Ion Accelerator, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
XV104 Riptide Battlesuits
Riptide Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Heavy Burst Cannon, Twin-linked Smart Missile System, Velocity Tracker]
XV104 Riptide Battlesuits
Riptide Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Heavy Burst Cannon, Twin-linked Smart Missile System, Velocity Tracker]

Return to “Cadre Building”