1000pts Farsight Enclave DBC

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
azlanpower
Shas'Saal

1000pts Farsight Enclave DBC

Post#1 » Mar 01 2017 10:21

1000 pts Farsight Enclave List

Player: Me as a new tau player :)
Type of match: League match in local hobby shop, maelstrom missions

Enemy's list: Mainly SM, most using Drop pods tactic, i hear they packing a lot of AP2, AP3 weapons

My possible tactic:
No reserve, all deployed on 3 different site (riptide left flank, commder & crisis mid, ghostkeel right flank)
Since they got lots a AP2 AP3 weapons, i consider using shield generators for Invul save and bring in ghostkeel+Stealth drones for its cover saves (stealth + shrouded = 4+ cover save in the open excluding its special electrosuit rule at >12'')
Didn't think needed much reserve as they be coming in with drop pods a lot, hence a lot of EWO on this list
Hit hard 1st and 2nd turn with SMS
Screwed if they manage to assault me and hence I failed my Mont'ka

Here's my list, i have some few questions regarding this list at the bottom. Need some help from other Tau players for suggestions :)

1000pts list
Dawn blade contingent

Benefit: Ideal mission comm
Killing blow

CAD
HQ - Commander (85pts + 15 + 15 + 25 + 8)
Missile pod, plasma rifle, shield generator, drone controller
+2 Marker drones (12+12)

Troops - Crisis (22pts + 20 + 15)
TL fusion blaster, missile pod

Troops - Crisis (22pts +20 + 15)
TL pulse rifle, missile pod

Fast attack - 4x Marker drones (14pts x 4)

Formation: Firebase support cadre
Elite - Riptide (180 + 5 + 5 + 15 + 30)
Ion accelerator, TL SMS, EWO, Stims and ECPA

Heavy - Broadside (65pts + 5)
HYMP, TL SMS, EWO

Heavy - Broadside (65pts + 5 + 5 + 5 + 8)
HRR, TL plasma rifle, EWO, seeker missile

Formation: Optimized stealth cadre
Elite - Ghostkeel (130 + 10 + 50 + 5)
Cyclic ion raker, TL fusion blaster, shield generator, EWO
+ 2 Stealth drones

Elite - Stealthsuit
Burst cannon

Elite - Stealthsuit
Burst cannon

++Bonding knife for 8 models= 8pts

Total points: 998pts

Questions:
1. Is this list considered Dawn blade contingent? :D

2. Does all models/units in this list gets the 'Killing blow' benefit during 'Roll to wound' on selected enemy unit?

3. Is my calculations on points correct? e.g. I'm not sure if broadside HRR or HYMP cost points coz i can't find its cost in the codex page 75...same as Riptide's Ion accelerator.....

4. Not sure if i should pick drones or pathfinders as markerlight source...

5. Since this list 'supposedly' Farsight enclaves, I have to choose FE signature system hence ECPA on riptide(FAQ confirms riptide can use it)...so really cannot choose iridium for my commander?

6. Does ghostkeel's stealth drones have cost points? They are not in the drones list also (codex page 75)

7. Any other suggestions or something amiss with this list that i should know? Thanks guys :)

Raverrn
Shas'La

Re: 1000pts Farsight Enclave DBC

Post#2 » Mar 01 2017 12:12

All right, so. There's a lot to unpack here. First off some your points costs are wildly inaccurate. We're not really supposed to discuss points on the forum, but I think I can point out what you've done wrong.
Stim Injectors do not cost 15 points on a Riptide, it's one of those items that has two different costs and you must use the second for the big suits.
Secondly you did not add points for the stealth suit units - each has a minimum of three models.

And then the questions you asked:
1. No, a Dawn Blade Contingent never has a CAD in it. It consists of one of the two core formations and one or more of the auxiliary formations listed in the farsight book.
2. Only the core and auxiliary formations (and a command, if you take one) benefit from 'Killing Blow'. The OSC will never be able to benefit.
3. The Ion Accelerator's cost is listed on p.90 of the codex, and the HYMP is on p.102
4.Drones.
5.You may choose from both lists simultaneously.
6.They are included in the base cost of the unit.

All right, with THAT out of the way, a few suggestions.
Try not to mix weapon types on your suits.
The Shield Generator is almost useless on the Ghostkeel. He has a 2+ save if any part of him touches terrain or if the enemy is outside 12", and if they ignore cover he can spoil the shot.
Don't take HRR Broadsides.

azlanpower
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Mar 02 2017 01:07

Thanks bro! This info definitely clarified a lot of things. I have to revise this list. Anywayz, cool! So i can get both iridium and ecpa on this list :D

azlanpower
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Mar 02 2017 10:08

If I may, need some clarifications on objective secure units in this list. (Bear with me coz at my local hobbystore most are SM and not many tau who could advise me)

1. All my units in this list can take objective EXCEPT my drone unit. True?

2. Errr...only my commander and those 2 crisis have the Objective secure rule? (FE = crisis are troops) (only CAD have the objective secure rule in this list)...so..is this true or am i missing something?

Raverrn
Shas'La

Post#5 » Mar 02 2017 10:45

All non-drone units can hold objectives, only Troops in a CAD are Objective Secured.

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#6 » Mar 02 2017 11:29

azlanpower wrote:If I may, need some clarifications on objective secure units in this list. (Bear with me coz at my local hobbystore most are SM and not many tau who could advise me)

1. All my units in this list can take objective EXCEPT my drone unit. True?

Correct. However that only counts for units consisting of nothing but Drones. As long as there is at least one non-Drone model in that unit the whole unit can claim objectives.

azlanpower wrote:2. Errr...only my commander and those 2 crisis have the Objective secure rule? (FE = crisis are troops) (only CAD have the objective secure rule in this list)...so..is this true or am i missing something?

Both right. As Tau the only way for us to get Objective Secured is to use a CAD and as FSE Crisis count as Troops and thus get Objective Secured in a CAD.

Return to “Cadre Building”