1850 Combined Armes Detachement with Drone net & stealth Cadre

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
stanman88
Shas

1850 Combined Armes Detachement with Drone net & stealth Cadre

Post#1 » Mar 01 2017 12:07

ok so this is my or is going to be my Tau Army.

its structured like this for a few reasons one of which the models i want to include and use. the other is the way i intend to play them. basically i have my optimised stealth Cadre Breachers and crisis team as my forward units to take objectives and move to targets that are out of line of sight f my rear gun line.

my Ethereal will be sitting at the back supporting the fire warrior teams and the commander will be joined with the 3 man crisis suit team.
so have a look tell me where you think its falls down and where it could be improved upon.

Combined arm's Detachment:

HQ- Ethereal - record Armour 55Pts

HQ - Commander - Cyclic Ion Blaster & Fusion Blaster with early warning override and Velocity Tracker
Iridium Armout command and control node and Multi Spectrum sensor suit. 200Pts

Troops - Fire warrior Breacher team 5X with a shas Ui 55Pts
Troops - Fire warrior Breacher team 5X with a shas Ui 55Pts

Troops -Fire warrior Strike team 5X with Smart Missile Turret 55Pts
Troops -Fire warrior Strike team 5X 45Pts

Elites - Riptide Heavy Burst Cannon twin Plasma Rifle with Early warning override and Stimulant injector 200Pts
Elites - Riptide Heavy Ion accelerator with Early warning override and Stimulant injector 205Pts

Elites - Crisis Battle suits X3 2X with Twinlinked Plasma Rifles and Missile Pods
1X cyclic Ion Blaster and fusion Blaster with Target Lock 171 Pts

Heavy- Hammerhead with railgun submission rounds and smart missiles system with disruption pods and Longstrike. 190Pts

Drone Net XV-01

these will benefit from the +1 to there BS as well as the other benefits given by this formation.

Drone Squad 4X Marker drones 56Pts

Optimised Stealth Cadre
stealth battle suit squad- 1X Steal battle suits shas vre with fusion blaster target lock and marker light
2X Stealth Battle suits with burst cannons 110Pts

stealth battle suit squad- 1X Steal battle suits shas vre with fusion blaster target lock and marker light
2X Stealth Battle suits with burst cannons 110Pts

Ghostkeel- 1x Ghostkeel with Cyclic ion raker twin Fusion Blaster stimulant injector and velocity Tracker
2X Stealth Drones 175Pts

so there it is have a look tel me what you think i am playing with the idea of swapping the fusion blaster on my Ghost keel for Burst cannons just to up its rate of fire but I'm still unsure. total points are 1850 on the nose i also have a load out with a riptide and ethereal being swapped out for shadwosun but I'm not sure how effective it would be.

also i haven't gone for a riptide wing as i think that with what i already have it would be a bit to much Tau power.

many thanks

counterwave
Shas'La
Shas'La

Re: 1850 Combined Armes Detachement with Drone net & stealth Cadre

Post#2 » Mar 08 2017 08:38

Your list has some very strong elements, but could be streamlined in places. Your Commander is equipped to do two roles right now, shoot or buff. In order to use the sensor suite and control node, your Commander has to forego shooting, which wastes the weapons upgrades, early warning override and velocity tracker. Similarly, if you want to shoot this turn, you're wasting the buff equipment. It is best to pick one role and stick to it.

Breachers are good, but only in that 5" sweet spot, otherwise they're just worse Strikers. Given that, they benefit from a Devilfish to help get up close and personal. The transport makes them faster and helps keep them alive long enough to unleash hell.

Pairing a Riptide's Heavy Burst Cannon with Plasma Rifles is an odd choice, usually they are taken with Smart Missiles so that both weapons have similar threat priority. Further to that, many players will advise against mixing weapons in Crisis teams. Crisis teams work best when kitted to do one thing really well.

I hope this helps.
The Devil Hides in You!

Return to “Cadre Building”