2000 TAC List for a Local League

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
Pogman
Shas'Saal

2000 TAC List for a Local League

Post#1 » Mar 01 2017 08:22

Hey folks, gonna be joining a local league thats doing a new round next week at 2000 points. Working with the figures i've got, i've made the list below. I still have a bunch of kroot, fire warriors, a devilfish, and another hammerhead if need be.

In any event, tactics. ret commander will join his squad to one of the markerlight drone groups and babysit them/boost their BS. Shadowsun joins the crisis squad and runs up the board (knowing she can't infiltrate with them). Flamer crisis starts in reserve. Missile pod crisis will land on a backline objective. All other things should be self explanatory, but feel free to comment if something seems out of place. 'Vre broadside will LoS for drones.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

+++ 2000 FSE (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2022) (2000pts) +++

++ Tau Dawn Blade Contingent (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2009) (1138pts) ++

+ Uncategorised +

Farsight Enclaves

+ Core (858pts) +

Retaliation Cadre (858pts)
Commander [2x MV7 Marker Drone]
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Drone Controller, 2x Missile Pod, Talisman of Arthas Moloch, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit]

XV104 Riptide Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Riptide Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Ion Accelerator, Stimulant Injector, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual]
Crisis Shas'ui [Early Warning Override, 2x Missile Pod]

Crisis Shas'ui [2x Fusion Blaster]

Crisis Shas'ui [2x Fusion Blaster]

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [Bonding Knife Ritual, 4x MV8 Missile Drone]
Broadside [Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
Broadside [Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
Broadside Shas'vre [Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

+ Auxiliary (280pts) +

Drone-Net VX1-0 (280pts)
Drones [5x MV7 Marker Drone]

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2009) (862pts) ++

+ HQ (195pts) +

Commander Shadowsun (195pts) [2x MV52 Shield Drone, MV62 Command-link Drone]

+ Elites (333pts) +

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (301pts) [4x MV1 Gun Drone]
Crisis Shas'ui [2x Plasma Rifle, Target Lock]
Crisis Shas'vre [Command and Control Node, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Puretide Engram Neurochip]

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (32pts)
Crisis Shas'ui [2x Flamer]

+ Troops (154pts) +

Strike Team (82pts) [8x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]
DS8 Tactical Support Turret [Smart Missile System]

Strike Team (72pts) [8x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

+ Heavy Support (180pts) +

TX7 Hammerhead Gunships (180pts)
TX7 Hammerhead Gunship [Longstrike, Railgun with Submunitions, Sensor Spines, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]

Cheers :smile:

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Re: 2000 TAC List for a Local League

Post#2 » Mar 03 2017 02:54

Not bad
I do think that turn 1 your plasma squad will be very exposed as it does a lot if damage and isn't that tough (relatively). It will be better if you get turn 1 and get into cover but again ignores cover would ruin your day.
Apart from that it looks like a solid plan. Maybe you could slim down one of the fire warrior squads so you can add a drone turret to it.

Pogman
Shas'Saal

Post#3 » Mar 03 2017 11:27

Yeah, that's the real concern. Thankfully with shadowsun they've got an auto 4+ cover. And their gun drones are good ablative wounds. I'll probably either run them behind the tank and/or get them behind some Los blocking terrain. Or just hop into cover for those 2+'s.

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Mar 04 2017 06:38

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the lastest GW FAQ banned the deployment of infiltrators with non-infiltrators (even if the infiltrators deploy normally). So if your opponent gets first turn I don't think you'd have stealth and shrouded for the plasma suits until Shadowsun can join the unit.
LOS terrain sounds like a good idea but bear in mind that they will still be partially visible behind a tank, and force them to take enough saves and they will die (I'm thinking high rate of fire units like scatbikes or other tau with CIBs here).

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Mar 05 2017 01:24

Watcher on the wall wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the lastest GW FAQ banned the deployment of infiltrators with non-infiltrators (even if the infiltrators deploy normally). So if your opponent gets first turn I don't think you'd have stealth and shrouded for the plasma suits until Shadowsun can join the unit.
LOS terrain sounds like a good idea but bear in mind that they will still be partially visible behind a tank, and force them to take enough saves and they will die (I'm thinking high rate of fire units like scatbikes or other tau with CIBs here).

Not just since the latest Errata but yes you are right.
However with a mass dakka they'd die just as well even with shrouded and stealth. A 2+ cover saves makes them only a bit more durable than Terminators due having 2 wounds but they also cost almost twice as much.
There's a reason Terminators are rarely seen in serious matches but Crisis are....and that's because Crisis even though being not very durable for their costs have a ton of firepower. ^^

Pogman
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Mar 05 2017 05:42

Ah damn, misunderstood. I thought since she wasn't actually infiltrating she could join the unit like any other independent character.

Any suggestions for how to run a plasma blob then? Tankmander up front?

Watcher on the wall
Shas'Saal

Post#7 » Mar 06 2017 02:48

Maybe as one of the 3 squads in the retaliation cadre to keep them safe until they get to strike?
Also does anyone know whether the FAQ also bans Shadowsun from deploying with another unit in Deep Strike reserve?

Panzer
Shas'Saal

Post#8 » Mar 06 2017 02:48

Pogman wrote:Ah damn, misunderstood. I thought since she wasn't actually infiltrating she could join the unit like any other independent character.

Any suggestions for how to run a plasma blob then? Tankmander up front?

Tankmander up front, or Farsight Crisis bomb, or joining with Shadowsun on your first turn (only problem is when not going first).
I'd give them all EWO instead of Target Lock so you don't get wiped by the first Pod getting dropped behind them and similar shenanigans. If you go with an expensive Crisis blob it means go all-out or go home since that's a lot of your armys firepower and a very juicy target for your opponent which is only a little bit harder to crack than other MEQ units.

Watcher on the wall wrote:Maybe as one of the 3 squads in the retaliation cadre to keep them safe until they get to strike?
Also does anyone know whether the FAQ also bans Shadowsun from deploying with another unit in Deep Strike reserve?

Yes it does.
It says: "Page 166 – Independent Character, Independent
Characters and Infiltrate
Change this sentence to read:
‘An Independent Character without the Infiltrate
special rule cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during
deployment, and vice versa.’"

Also it's an Errata, not a FAQ. ;)

Return to “Cadre Building”