500 Pts Campaign Army

Discuss and develop your army list amongst new players and veterans alike.
loganslament
Shas'Saal

500 Pts Campaign Army

Post#1 » Mar 12 2017 11:49

Hi everyone I'm in a campaign currently with 9 other players. 1 Tyranid, 1 Genestealer Cult, 1 Craftworld Eldar, 1 Death Guard, 1 Necron and 4 Space Marine players.
First round is 500 Pts then each round increases increments of 200 pts til we get to 2k.

First round I've won every game with this force.

HQ - Cadre Fireblade. Markerlight, Pulse Rifle and Photon Grenades 60pts
Uses his split fire and Markerlight every turn.

Troop - 9x Fire Warriors Strike Team. Pulse Rifles and Photon Grenades. DS8 tactical Support turret. 91Pts
Led by the Fireblade. This unit is the fire base of the army.

Troop - 10x Fire Warriors Strike Team. Pulse rifles and Photon Grenades. 90Pts
This unit is either used as bait for the Kauyon or to support the fire base.

Elite - XV95 Ghostkeel. Cyclic Ion Raker, Twin-linked Fusion Blaster, Counterfire Defense System. 145Pts
Used to deal with worrisome units like devastators and terminators.

Fast Attack - 114 pts
2x TX4 Piranhas. one with Fusion Blaster and 1 Seeker Missile. 1 with Burst Cannon and 2 Seeker Missiles
Used to Steal Objectives and take out vehicles from either the rear or side armour.
Drones harry and distract units

Total Value 500 Pts

The biggest problems I've had is with Terminators (yes in a 500 pt game!) but Its been a decent string so far.

Next round is an extra 200 pts and I was thinking of adding another Seeker missile and a riptide with Ion Accelerator. What do you think?
Foolish Gue'la

JubJub
Shas

Re: 500 Pts Campaign Army

Post#2 » Mar 13 2017 01:24

What does your board look like as far as available cover is concerned? I know for my own campaigns, my group and I randomize terrain for every battle, but I had to ask, as this may affect your strategy.
"Gun Drone, get down!"
-Space Marine

Panzer
Shas'La

Post#3 » Mar 13 2017 02:43

I say you definitely should start getting some Markerlights soon. Plasma Crisis or Fusion Blaster Crisis wouldn't hurt either. (Plasma gainst everything Powerarmor and Terminators and Fusion Blaster against tanks...which you most likely will face around 1k points).

loganslament
Shas'Saal

Post#4 » Mar 13 2017 03:10

The board is randomized but there's usually at least one building with ramparts that have served the Fire warriors well.
I'm thinking of getting a shield wall for them in the future just in case.

For round 3 of the campaign (another 200pts) i'm thinking of going for a couple of smaller units of pathfinders and upgrading my fire warriors to have Shas'ui with markerlights so that'll boost my markerlight powers.
Foolish Gue'la

loganslament
Shas'Saal

Post#5 » Mar 13 2017 03:10

The Riptide will also have plasma rifles
Foolish Gue'la

loganslament
Shas'Saal

Post#6 » Mar 14 2017 11:17

Round 2 for the campaign has changed slightly in that its split into groups.

My group consists of Iron Hands, Deathwatch (including a scary librarian) and Death Guard.

The Death Guard player is trying to ignore most of the chaos bits of his codex to try and field a more 30k legion so its mainly Cultists and marines.
I know hes going to take a vindicator in this round so I think I shall concentrate fire on it with the seeker missiles and the Ghostkeel which has a chance to survive the s10 blast template whilst the piranhas rear end him with a fusion blaster.

Sound ok? any suggestions?
Foolish Gue'la

Return to “Cadre Building”